+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP: iPhone 4 iOS 4.0 unplugged while restoring to iOS 5.0.1

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I accidentally unplugged my I4 while restoring to my custom FW, this happend a couple of minutes into the process and now my device is stuck on recovery mode, I
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default HELP: iPhone 4 iOS 4.0 unplugged while restoring to iOS 5.0.1
    I accidentally unplugged my I4 while restoring to my custom FW, this happend a couple of minutes into the process and now my device is stuck on recovery mode, I disconnected the logicbord to the battery and tried again but it was to no prevail (this worked for my friends 3gs). I think it will work if i restore to the same FW my phone had before restoring to iOS 5 but i never saved my shsh and cant find a way to do this now. I havent tried to do a regular restore because i want to keep my baseband to unlock this phone with ultrasnow.

Thanks
    Thanked 15,187 Times in 6,971 Posts

What happens if you put it in pwned DFU and try restoring to the custom firmware again?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

pwned DFU restoring mode works, im using the latest Redsnow and it says "Done!". When I open iTunes it gives me this message "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes." when i then choose "NO_BB_iPhone3,1_5.0.1_9A405_Restore.ipsw" itunes then extracts the software but it fails after verifying with appel and gives me this message "The Iphone is not eligible for the requested build."

Thanks

Open tiny umbrella
    Click on advanced
    deselect the box that says "set hosts to cydia on exit"
    Close tiny umbrella and proceed with the custom restore

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks but i never got the chance to try that out, a hour after my last reply i tried to put it on pwnd DFU mode with ireb and tried to install iOS 5.0.1 running windows instead Mac and it worked I knowl have 01.59.00 BB and running iOS 5.0.1 everything seems to work fine now except facetime and imessage. I used sam and it says that im wildcard activated and i tried iPusher and another push app to test my push notifications and they all say it works fine, and i have the latest carrer settings installed but facetime and imessage is still stuck on activating.

Thanks

They can be carrier dependant, I know tmobile users have issues activating them. You should be able to get them working with your apple id in the short term. There are a few threads around here about getting them working with tmobile (if that is who you are with).

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks I'm using Tele2 which is a Swedish carrier, I'm going to look around in swedish iphone forums to see if its a common problem for Tele2 users, did you see the game last night? i loved how Kobe talked **** to lamar befor setting up the last play lol!

Thanks

Sure did, ugly game, but great finish

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Especially the 3Q, but it feelt good winning over the Mavs

Thanks

Sure did