+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Activating facetime with my iphone 4 with a gevey unlock

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i bought an iphone 4 and it is unlock by gevey when i tried to activate my facetime it says "waiting for activation" i tried to do the way like
    Thanks

Default Activating facetime with my iphone 4 with a gevey unlock
    i bought an iphone 4 and it is unlock by gevey when i tried to activate my facetime it says "waiting for activation" i tried to do the way like installing sampref and mitime but when i did it i think i did a little mistake so i uninstall it and when i turned it off and turned it on my iphone was in the restore mode so i went to the shop to fix my iphone and now im stock and i want my facetime to be activated please please help me activate my facetime can anybody help me with the step by step procedure.. the easy and clear instruction.. thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 2,752 Times in 2,642 Posts

Have you signed in to your apple I'd and setup your email verification.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If ur on fw lower than 5.0 then u need 2 put the original carriers sim in then it will send the txt 4 activation,then swap back 2 ur gevey sim.if ur on iOS 5-5.0.1 then u just fill out ur apple I'd and set up ur push email then it will work.

Thanks

So i should upgrade my ios?actually im also having a hard time upgrading it to ios5 i did the procedure about upgrading to ios5 preserving the baseband since its a gevey unlock but it came up error 3194 something like that...

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    Have you signed in to your apple I'd and setup your email verification.
    As far as i know i did that...
    Last edited by nickyki; 01-15-2012 at 03:56 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Use redsn0w 0.9.10b3.if u need 2 preserve ur baseband,redsn0w has the option of cooking up ur fw while preserving ur baseband.once uv cooked ur fw up it will start with no bb,plug into ur computer,power it down once plugged in then shift restore with iTunes and point 2 ur new fw and let iTunes do it's work.when restored and backed up just start redsn0w again select put phone in dfu mode then hit jailbreak and redsn0w will install cydia and activate ur phone also