Hey gang,

This summer my friends and I are going to be traveling internationally. All 10 of us own iPhone 4's, which unfortunately have been updated past the unlockable baseband at the time of writing this.

We'll be splitting up a lot during the trip, but we'll all at least at any time be in Ireland, Paris, Netherlands, Belgium, and Spain.

Ideally we would like to be able to text each other for as cheap as possible, and have the ability to call if we absolutely have to. We'd also like to use some data in order to look up things to do, reviews, nightlife, ect.

The problem we find ourselves in is that the ATT plan for international travel is pretty much bull ****, and we dont have any way to use international SIM's because we cant unlock. ( at least thats what I'm assuming)

What do you think the best course of action would be? Buy older ebay iPhone's and unlock them? Just buy burner phones out there and use them for communication? While keeping the iphones for wifi access and emergencies only? There seems to be so many different ways to go about this I just dont know which is the most cost effective and least limiting. Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks!