+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Which came first - unlock or jailbreak?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello all, I got a buddy who is currently has an Iphone 3GS (sw 4.3.4) locked to a provider here in Canada. He is moving to London for 9 months
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Which came first - unlock or jailbreak?
    Hello all,

I got a buddy who is currently has an Iphone 3GS (sw 4.3.4) locked to a provider here in Canada. He is moving to London for 9 months for work and wants to take his phone. Thus far, he has been reluctant to jailbreak but has finally broken down (much to my constant bugging).

Obviously, he needs to unlock as well to put a sim card from say, Virgin Mobile.

My question is: which do I do first ... unlock or jailbreak? I have jailbroken a few phones now and am pretty comfy with it. But I have never unlocked and cant seem to find much information on it. As an extension, if you could just gimme a link to the appropriate tutorial, that would be fantastic.

Thanks a bunch in advance, modmyi wizards!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Try calling the company that the phone is locked to in Canada and see if you can get the IMEI on Apple's white list.

If not your only choice is probably doing iPad BB upgrade (you might lose GPS).

Jailbreak, then iPad BB, then go into cydia and download ultrasn0w.