+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Emergency! 3GS won't finish boot sequence...

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hy all, please give me some advice... Old bootrom 3gs on 4.3.3/redsnow-ed is fully visible and functional in itunes, or ifunbox, but the phone itself stucks on the apple boot
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Emergency! 3GS won't finish boot sequence...
    Hy all,

please give me some advice...

Old bootrom 3gs on 4.3.3/redsnow-ed is fully visible and functional in itunes, or ifunbox, but the phone itself stucks on the apple boot logo screen, and since it's connected to the pc, I hear the "in charge" chirp signal every two or three minutes.

Before this, I had the sympthome of a really long boot time (about 4-5 minutes), and, couriously, when I did a full restore, then re-JB, everything came back to normal, boot time was 30-40 seconds, but then I put everything back from cydia with xbackup, and the 5 minutes long reboot time came back... Obviously there's something among the cydia stuff that causes the problem, right?---

Now how to kick the phone out of this? I tried to hardreset it (pushing the power and the home buttons together until reboot), of course nothing changed... Do I have another option here than do a clean restore?...

Please, help me. I have to have my phone back... Thank you!

Thanks

Yeah I would say there is something wrong with an app most likely...did u restore from iTunes backup when u did that last restore?...hopefully u have everything backed up somehow off the phone and not iTunes backup, cuz if i were u I would restore again and setup as a new phone and not from backup, then add Cydia stuff back from scratch manually one at a time...then sync back all apple
    Apps and contacts etc...

I never restore from backup...i drag
    Pics n vids I take with phone off phone in windows and put in My Pictires and Videos folder and resync back to phone. I sync contacts, calendar n notes to outlook on my machine, and of course I have apps and music synced in iTunes..so I could lose my phone and still have everything...I am very meticulous about doing all this all the time..iTunes backups tend to get corrupted, so I never use them...

You could restore from backup to get what u need off the phone first without JB if you need to get something off it, then restore again as new phone and sync everything back. I would run for a while not JB just to make sure it's not hardware issue, then JB again and add back 1 Cydia app at a time and test...
    Last edited by xboxbml; 01-05-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Thank you, I really appreciate your answer!

My biggest problem right now is that I can not possibly remember what kind of stuff I had from Cydia... It was pretty extensive as a package, from safety stuff to a bunch of really useful thing (but I forgot them by their names)... Some 30 or more items installed... Really, just useful stuff, no crap.

Finally I managed to do a backup with iTunes right now, so I don't worry about my text messages, contacts, settings, etc. But if I could find in iFunBox the things I had from cydia, that would be awesome... Any idea maybe on that, where to look?

Thank you!

Thanks

No I don't use that.... I only have a few things I use from Cydia...so I don't have too much trouble remembering those..sorry I couldn't be of more help..maybe someone else can...there r several others out here more knowledgeable than I..

5. The Following User Says Thank You to xboxbml For This Useful Post:

kecskesadam (01-05-2012)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Found a way - your way actually.

I did a shift+restore, jb, then xbackup that way I see everything in my cydia. Noted the content, and now I'm dooing a shift-restore, and then I'll start from scratch...

Thanks!!

Thanks

No prob...yeah, I've seen folks talk about xbackup and pkgbackup..I've never used those...don't need to...glad ur making progress...let us know results!

Green Apple
    Thanks

until now I made several back and forth on the restore/clean install debate I basically spent the day working on this.

The issue came back several times, so now I add to my system all the cydia tweaks one by one, in an order of importance. I hope not to bump into the same problem again too soon (cause that'll mean that I have to get rid of some beloved tweak...)