+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Missing Keyboard in Search after 5.01 JB

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Title says it all, basically. My keyboard is Search disappears after I either use it or open a couple of other apps (seemingly ones that require the keyboard too). I
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Missing Keyboard in Search after 5.01 JB
    Title says it all, basically. My keyboard is Search disappears after I either use it or open a couple of other apps (seemingly ones that require the keyboard too). I haven't noticed it missing anywhere when I needed it except in Search (which I tended to use a lot more than I realized). The only thing that appears to fix it is a Respring and it only fixes it for a few usages (usually only one). The search box is there, there's just no KB. I don't have a bluetooth keyboard but I suspect it's functional if I did but I can't see the one on the screen.

Anybody run across this or have any ideas? I'm sure it's something I've installed but really am trying to avoid deleting things one at a time to find out if I can.

Thanks is advance!

-bob

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Also experienced this problem, after a reBOOT haven't had the problem again since - it's been two days and countless resprings. Another thing to try would be to boot into safemode (through SBSettings, or the icon-drag-trick), and then return to normal. That fixes alot of strange JB issues for some reason, like the 1/4size cydia, and may have helped this.

Thanks

Thanks wavemaster. I've rebooted countless times and ways, both on purpose and out or necessity and the problem always comes back. I guess I'm just going to have to start removing things and see if I can figure it out.

Does anybody know of a comprehensive list of known JB tools/apps that are NOT compatible with IOS 5.xx?

Thanks!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LearningMan View Post

Does anybody know of a comprehensive list of known JB tools/apps that are NOT compatible with IOS 5.xx?

Thanks!
    This is as close as we have -
    The Official iOS 5.0 Beta Compatibility List!
    Go to the last page for the most up-to-date lists and info.

Thanks

Jailbroken or not it does this. I have an iPad 2 on 5.0.1 and it does that sometimes. No need to respring though. If you tap in the search bar your keyboard will pop up. Mine does it occasionally and that's what I use to get it back.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by plnkeye21 View Post
    Jailbroken or not it does this. I have an iPad 2 on 5.0.1 and it does that sometimes. No need to respring though. If you tap in the search bar your keyboard will pop up. Mine does it occasionally and that's what I use to get it back.
    Thanks. That has no effect on mine. when it's gone, it's gone until a re-spring.

I still don't know what's causing it.

There really oughta be a comprehensive list somewhere of what's compatible and what's not. I'm not qualified, but there are people profiting from this endeavor that should have a responsibility to the community to at least try to provide some sort of guidance.

The guys running the repositories, and the stores, and the developers that develop for profit (nothing wrong with ANY of this as it promotes better and more timely apps), are making money hand over fist. They should show some responsibility here and belly-up-to-the-bar and at least put standards in the apps' comments at purchase/install time stating explicitly whether this app is "certified" on "X" version of iOS.

People need to stop calling this a hobby and recognize it for what it is and to raise the bar of expections to adhere to that standard.

Thanks

While I do want to agree with you, Apple is the same way as these "hobbyists." I have so many problems with 5.0.1...battery, echo, bluetooth...etc. At least you have a JB with your iDevice.