+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "NO SERVICE" problem

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi folks, I have searched Google and this forum (although the forum searched locked up eache time...) to try and find a resolution to my predicament... Basically, since updating my
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default "NO SERVICE" problem - iPhone 4
    Hi folks,

I have searched Google and this forum (although the forum searched locked up eache time...) to try and find a resolution to my predicament...

Basically, since updating my iPhone 4 iOS from 4.3.3 to iOS 5.0.1 (9A405) yesterday I have experienced 7 or 8 bouts of "NO SERVICE" a well as having my carrier logo, but with no "bars". The issue would only resolve after a (standard) reboot - no turning off 3G, airplane mode seemed to work.

Both 4.3.3 and 5.0.1 (redsn0w 0.9.10b3) were jailbroken and I'm in the UK with O2 with a baseband of 04.11.08.

I have scoured Google and reinstalled the Mobile Substrate thorugh Cydia, as well as installing ultrasn0w through, also through Cydia. I have tried a DFU restore, but still intermittently, I have these "NO SERVICE" issues. I'm sure it makes no difference, but each time it is when the iPhone is stationary for a short time (on my couch or on my work desk), but this may be due to it being where I spend most of my time.

I would class myself as reasonably iPhone/Jailbreak literate but this one has me stumped.

Any ideas?

QLN
    Last edited by QuickLikeNinja; 01-10-2012 at 02:07 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

*possibly resolved*

Well, last night I did a DFU restore to 5.0.1 factory settings, ran the Redsn0w jailbreak and selected "install Cydia" and also checked "deactivate"...

So far I have had around 24Hrs of uninterrupted service. Fingers crossed.

QLN

Arse.

Just had a "No Service" bout resolved only by a reboot. I have a little over 3 weeks of warranty left so I may have to contact O2 to try and wrangle a new phone out of them...
    Last edited by QuickLikeNinja; 01-05-2012 at 01:31 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

So, a brief update and further plea for help!

I have had the handset replaced by Apple and have jailbroke it, again with redsn0w, pretty much as soon as I got it (after updating from iOS 5.0 to 5.0.1).

...And still the problem persists! 5-6 times a day I'll get "NO SERVICE" and occasionally "SEARCHING" with the only resolution being a reboot. Sometimes I have had to reboot 2-3 times till it finally connects.

My last idea is the SIM card (actually, it was one of my first, but O2 fobbed me off back to Apple). Is this likely to be a viable cause?

HELP!

QLN