+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there an easy way to update firmware to 9A406 manually without doing restore?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a 4s at 5.01 (9A405) and iTunes says I have the current firmware. I wanted to upgrade to 9A406 and save my SHSH with TinyUmbrella. Is there a
    iPhone? More like MyPhone NOYB111's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Is there an easy way to update firmware to 9A406 manually without doing restore?
    I have a 4s at 5.01 (9A405) and iTunes says I have the current firmware. I wanted to upgrade to 9A406 and save my SHSH with TinyUmbrella. Is there a simple way to manually upgrade the firmware to this version WITHOUT having to do a complete restore? I would like to avoid the hassle of a restore if I can.

Thanks...

iPhone? More like MyPhone NOYB111's Avatar
    Thanks

Nobody? Really?

Anyway, fired up TU and did a SHSH back up. It did save the 9A406 SHSH even though my phone says I am 9A405 still. I assume this is because the firmware update was nothing more than a mere version change with a small tweak and TU new how to deal with it.

Thanks

I'm in the same situation 4s at 5.01 (9A405) and iTunes says I have the current firmware. As far as I know you can download 9A406 FW, then on iTunes press shift (on windows PC) and hit update button, iTunes will let you choose where you save the 9A406 FW. I believed it will update your iPhone not restore it.

However I do not know if its worth updating to 9A406 FW, I think I will wait until the jailbreak is out, just in case.