+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is this normal?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Almost 4hrs usage listening to a radio app on 3G the whole time and playing a game some. Over 4 hours stand by and I'm at 10% is this normal
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Is this normal?
    Almost 4hrs usage listening to a radio app on 3G the whole time and playing a game some. Over 4 hours stand by and
    I'm at 10% is this normal for an iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1 bc 4.3 was way better

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

5.0 is a battery hog so I would say yes I seen mine would never git below 50% at work. And now I got close to under 20

Thanks

I come to work at 230 there's no way I should be drained of battery by 630. That's 4 HOURS!!! No matter how bright my screen is, howuch I listen to radio online or how many games I play should this be allowed of any device used as a PHONE! It's unacceptable.

2k1
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 4,203 Posts

Well If ya have ya blobs saved on ya phone downgrade back to 4 and see if it's better

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bradmullins007 View Post
    I come to work at 230 there's no way I should be drained of battery by 630. That's 4 HOURS!!! No matter how bright my screen is, howuch I listen to radio online or how many games I play should this be allowed of any device used as a PHONE! It's unacceptable.
    You've never had a 4.3" android phone have you? I get basically the same battery life as 4.x. That's about 8-10 solid use (like your talking about streaming movies/music games and general net browsing) if you restored a backup when you installed 5.0.1 fresh your issues might come from that. Always set your phone up as new when restoring and jail breaking a new firmware to avoid such problems by keeping old data (from previous jailbreak) from getting transferred to the new firmware.

Thanks

I set it up as a new phone actually.

Green Apple
    Thanks

My phone is on 3G the whole time and after 3 hours of email and facebook and using the phone, it was almost all the way down to 30 percent.
    I did reset all settings, set up as a new phone and it became a (bit) better.
    still down to 70 percent after One hour of use but not as terrible as before....
    i'm still looking for a solution...
    I don't really want to restore and rejailbreak coz i have a lot of apps on it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

you could always be stuck in a situation like mine. Even in Sprint's "best" coverage area I pop between 1x and no service so frequently that I had to buy a second charger just to make it through the day. Seemed to happen suddenly with their towers since my SGS2 never had that many issues.

Thanks

I might as well post this as a completed scientific fact but apart from studying my own idevices I can't say for 100% fact that it's the jailbreak but that's certainly the problem with my battery life. There's no doubt ios5 drains more battery than ios4 but once you add in the jailbreak you're really losing battery charge. I tested and with a normal days use I can get more than 8 hours out of IOS5 on my Iphone4 and after being jailbroke I get a maximum of 4.5hrs.

sad day for me

iPhone? More like MyPhone LanCo Rider's Avatar
    Thanks

I still get decent battery life from my iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1

Jailbroken with Redsn0w tethered, untethered by Corona patch. I did NOT start from a "clean restore".

I think some of you may have too many jailbreak tweaks/apps installed! I keep it to a bare minimum for the functionality I need. I have BiteSMS, IntelliscreenX, and Springtomize for small customization. All push notifications are off except for hourly e-mail. PrivaCY is used to keep data collection from stealing battery life. Language packs are removed as well as unnecessary system daemons being disabled. I also make sure all my apps are closed that I'm not using. The only themes I am using are BlurriedNCbackground and I removed icon labels via Springtomize. I can use my phone steadily throughout the day (reading facebook, e-mail, craigslist, words with friends) and still have about 40% battery at the end of the day. If I left it on standby all day, I doubt I'd lose more than a few percent at all.

Lockscreen themes will really drain battery and free memory. Springboard themes in general will also rob battery life. Keep it to a minimum if you want the best possible battery life. Function over looks IMO.
    Last edited by LanCo Rider; 01-08-2012 at 05:26 AM.

Thanks

I don't have any themes I use a camera roll pic for lockscreen and wall paper. Location and push are off as well.

Thanks

Right now my usage is at 2hrs38mins and standby is 5hrs55mins after a complete drain and full charge and currently at 47%. Just how bad is that?

Thanks

Yeah..I have 3GS..I went up to 5.0 from 4.3.3. Lockinfo wasn't updated yet. It was conflicting with SBS and notification center..didn't like it. Went back to 4.3.3. 5.0.1 came out and I went up again. I could get about 1.5 days out of battery. I stayed there for a bit..I ended up going back to my wonderful 4.2.1. I get my 3 days battery again..JB with GP. Lockinfo n SBS iFile mobileterminal. All good again. I'll try again when 5.1 comes out but 5.x is such a memory, storage and battery hog, I don't think it will change much...