Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sms bubbles

Could somebody tell me the path to SSH to the SMS bubbles in ios 5.0.1 iPhone 4.

Thanks

Location for chat kits in iMessage and standard texts please.
    Last edited by cetownsy; 12-31-2011 at 06:34 PM.

file://localhost/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/ChatKit.framework/

There ya go!

You can't view any files in there to adjust SMS bubbles.

But there are 2 different shades of blue. I already placed a blue bubble which I thought was the same as iMessage blue. Only when I send an iMessage and a normal text try are 2 different kinds of shades of blue. Why is this ? Basically could you send me the file of the iMessage blue bubble ?

I can chk later, if I have the default ones and ill send them. ***always backup first before you replace! (I use a thumb-drive and just save the whole folder first before replacing things in it)
    I think one was blue and the other was like pink or something...

Cheers mate. I just want the iMessage blue bubble and the standard grey. I want this for all messages no green ya see.

I managed it thanks mate.

I took the one that said was corrupted on to my desktop. Renamed it and replaced into right path.

I don't suppose you know how I could get a proxy server for Siri ?

Quote Originally Posted by cetownsy View Post
    I don't suppose you know how I could get a proxy server for Siri ?
    Haha I don't want Siri that bad yet.. What I have read, its a pain... iPhone moding is much more simple... ;-)

Fair enough lol.

Default Help would be appreciated.
    Have litteraly spent hours in trying to figure this out.I want to drop in some custome balloons into the iphone 4. They are properly named and I have used your advice and still nothing. Although they appear in ifile and in chatkit they still do not appear. I also had them in SMS Themes file in winterboard and still nothing. Where might I be going wrong here. I though I have tried everything. Any help would be appreciated.......Thanks

Balloon1_@2x~iPhone.png and must be 86 x 64. The only place they will go is in chatkit.framework. Other then that, I have no idea why it is not working. -the bubbles are named different for I message too.. The iMessage is
    [email protected].... Post Your bubbles here, ill take a look at them.. Remember if u have bubbles in your Winterboard, they will supersede the chatkit.framwork ones.

Thank you for getting back to me so quick. In the above post after the word Balloon should there not be a underscore then the number one? Ive checked all the balloons and they are the correct size. So if I understand what you are saying the imessage balloons, even in winterboard will have to be like the example above [email protected]. Can I simply remove them from winterboard, rename them and drop them back in?

Theoretically yes. The two chat bubbles in normal messaging are: [email protected] and [email protected]. The iMessage is a different one which is [email protected].. (1 is your outgoing bubble, 2 is the incoming bubble) (disregard the ~ from my above post)
    If u have them named this way ur good to go at the size I specified above. I am not sure as to the folder name in your theme'd winterboad.... Maybe: Bundles/com.apple.chatkit. But not positive...

As well it should be noted that I tried renaming the balloons for the imessage and dropping them in my winterboard theme but still wont recog the balloons. Whats strange is when I went into chat kit the ballons i droppen in there correctly the next time I went in there the balloons ended in .png.png. I renamed the balloons removing the extra .png and it happend again with the double.png at the end.

Weird. Rename them on ur desktop first... Then drop them back In. -I don't use Winterboard much... Only a few items so I'm not much help there. I do 90% of my mods in root level..