+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone3gs wont turn on...please read

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i have an iphone 3gs. i have had trouble charging it recently. thought it was the dock connector. so i ordered one. then i tried a new power cord and
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iphone3gs wont turn on...please read
    i have an iphone 3gs. i have had trouble charging it recently. thought it was the dock connector. so i ordered one. then i tried a new power cord and that fixed that problem. the other day i rebooted the phone and it stuck on the boot logo. couldn't get it to turn back on. the phone died. then the battery showed that it was in the dead red zone. so i put it on charge for two days now. still nothing. i have a load of important data on this phone that i need to get off. the phone doesn't turn on at all. can't put it in recovery mode either. any ideas on fixing the phone or at least get the data off of it? apple says they can't fix it and buy a new phone.
    Last edited by wawuce; 12-31-2011 at 06:38 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Does it appear in iTunes?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

it doesnt appear in itunes att all. it doesnt power on at all

Thanks

Did you change the battery? Try changing the battery as well. If it doesn't connect to iTunes you might have a software issue with the motherboard.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Replace battery.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

yeah i think thats the first step. im just hoping thats the problem. i went out and got the 4s to replace it. i just have so much data on the old one that i am really hoping it is fixable.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sellbars's Avatar
    Thanks

Did you upload any of the data through iCloud or iTunes? If you did, than you can get all your data off it with another iPhone. If you didn't, well... Your data is lost if that iPhone 3GS doesn't get repaired.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

well i got itunes to recognize the phone. bad news is that i cant see anything on the display on the phone. starting to wonder if its the display that quit.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wawuce View Post
    well i got itunes to recognize the phone. bad news is that i cant see anything on the display on the phone. starting to wonder if its the display that quit.
    Maybe, ask some Apple technicians to fix it, maybe you can obtain your data if it was simply that problem.

Thanks

I don't understand why u didn't have your data backed up somehow... I sync apps n music with iTunes. I drag all vids n pics off from camera roll to pc and sync back to phone. I sync contacts calendar notes with outlook on my pc.. I have everything stored on my pc, AND I have another exact copy on a separate external hard drive... I will loose nothing if this crashes! I hope folks read this and realize what can happen when u don't back up outside of iTunes backup...when I restore I always setup as a new phone, not from iTunes backup as they tend to get corrupted... I hope u get that fixed and get ur data back!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    I don't understand why u didn't have your data backed up somehow... I sync apps n music with iTunes. I drag all vids n pics off from camera roll to pc and sync back to phone. I sync contacts calendar notes with outlook on my pc.. I have everything stored on my pc, AND I have another exact copy on a separate external hard drive... I will loose nothing if this crashes! I hope folks read this and realize what can happen when u don't back up outside of iTunes backup...when I restore I always setup as a new phone, not from iTunes backup as they tend to get corrupted... I hope u get that fixed and get ur data back!
    We do not know if wawuce has a backup or not, so we cannot say that wawuce has no backup.