+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: modmyi source not working

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
i jailbroke my iphone with the latest version of redsn0w, and the modmyi source still won't allow me to download anything from it, however all of the other sources work...is
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default modmyi source not working
    i jailbroke my iphone with the latest version of redsn0w, and the modmyi source still won't allow me to download anything from it, however all of the other sources work...is there anything i can do to fix this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey, you're lucky. I upgraded Cydia Essential a couple of days ago and that stuffed all packages. I'm still waiting for zodttd repo then I can get my theme back again. I really wish these folks would leave stuff alone until they've got it right. Apple do the same - beta 1 beta 2 etc. Can you imagine if Ford made cars like this?? Now we have to wait to get stuff back and working that we've already paid for.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Lol !? You want them to release without betas ? Do you know how many bugs there would be in ios and how unstable your phone would be ? There is a reason for betas .

Thanks

I have the same issue here, but I haven't used the new untethered redsn0w jailbreak. I'm using 5.0.0 redsn0w tethered jailbreak ATM. I think the modmyi repo might just be down.

**oo wait, there seems to be a certificate error. (In the GPG key)
    It might be a software problem, actually, but maybe ModMyi's certificate has expired or something.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

No. I'm saying that "new" upgrades should only be released to the general public AFTER their own testers have made it as bug proof as possible. These days the emphasis seems to be on getting it out as quickly as possible, ready or not. This is bleeding obvious by the number of bugs that ARE in initial releases. I upgraded an "Essential Upgrade" in Cydia. Doing that has stuffed up mine and many others phones. Immediately following this Upgrade I got the message suggesting I need to remove ALL packages. The Upgrade was not ready for public release. Period

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Same problem here it wont let me add the modmyi repo at all it says "did not find repo.
    Archie