+ Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOWTO] Get Siri working on iPhone 4 using Spire and SiriProxy

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
How to Install and Configure Spire and SiriProxy for Siri Port on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, iPad 1 [Siri Installation Guide] | Koolmobile here
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How to Install and Configure Spire and SiriProxy for Siri Port on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 3G, iPad 1 [Siri Installation Guide] | Koolmobile

here is a guide on the host and playlist files for the ssh part on your non 4s iphone

just read the bottom part about configuring the non 4s device

Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 779 Posts

@schmooty
    I already did all this going from the iDownloadBlog tutorial:
    http://www.idownloadblog.com/2012/01/01/spire/

Now I just want to get remote access to my computer. Nobody has been very DETAILED about setting up that portion of the project! Maybe we need to write something up once we get it working!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

AGREED!!!!!!! seems like people have been able to get the grasp of the server being set up to work but nothing is clear or as good as this server tutorial focusing on JUST getting it set up remotely whether edge, 3g, any wifi etc. Please if you find out how to get it to work or what needs to ve done or even a link with the instructions post and let me know. I will do the same. I've spend 2 weeks learning all this and spending night and day and i'm literally one step away ot just fail and quit now. I'm praying to god that djrbx comes through for me like he did on my last post or maybe methoddk will chime in and explain it. those 2 seems to know how to do and what to do and are nice enough to take the time to respond and explain. so lets hope one of them jump on here and be our savior!!! come on guys we need one of you or anyone that has it working for that matter. thanks as always

Thanks

Still 'no-go' on the Dynamic DNS/SiriProxy setup. I opened up Port 443 on my router and verified that it's visible on the External Internet. When I try initiating Spire/Siri, though, I keep getting the default Siri phrase,"I'm sorry, blah-blah-blah......"

I've tried many configurations to point Spire/Siri towards my DynDNS host but nothing has worked.

These configurations include editing the addresses in: Spire, 'host' file, '...assistant.plist' file.

I have flip-flopped, added ':443' to everything, used dyndns hostname, used dyndns IP Address, etc., etc.

So...I'm gonna try this out tonight to see if I can get it working instead:
    http://www.ketchup-mayo-senf.de/blog...-and-siriproxy

If anyone else has done this or is going to try this method, please let us know your results. In fact, ANYONE that has there Spire working on 3G please HELP!!!! LOL!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have a quick question that maybe has been answered but I did not see it. I have SiriProxy up and running perfectly, and I have my iPhone 4 able to connect over WiFi and 3G with no issues. My questions is, is there a way to update the validation key using my 4S outside the local network that SiriProxy is running on? For example, currently if I forget to use Siri in the morning and my validation key isn't updated then I cannot use Siri on my iPhone 4 all day. Is there a way to connect to SiriProxy using my 4S remotely so that it will update the validation? Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by njschwartz View Post
    I have a quick question that maybe has been answered but I did not see it. I have SiriProxy up and running perfectly, and I have my iPhone 4 able to connect over WiFi and 3G with no issues. My questions is, is there a way to update the validation key using my 4S outside the local network that SiriProxy is running on? For example, currently if I forget to use Siri in the morning and my validation key isn't updated then I cannot use Siri on my iPhone 4 all day. Is there a way to connect to SiriProxy using my 4S remotely so that it will update the validation? Thanks!
    What is your configuration for getting this working on 3G??? Please explain EXACTLY how you got this working because I can't figure it out.

BTW, I'm 'thinking' of trying the VPN Server cuz I believe I could also access it w/ my ip4S remotely to update the validation keys. Problem is, I can't get this working outside of my personal WiFi network....
    Please help me out!!!!! LOL!
    Last edited by thazsar; 01-12-2012 at 08:15 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@ njshwartz - yes it is i just dont know how. i know and have used one that does this. you get the 4s and 4 working and then you just have to use siri on the 4s once a day to keep the certs fresh. nbothing needs to be done on the 4. it will just work

also and prob most important pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssseeeee let me and thazsar know how you got it working on 3g with your 4!!! we both have a siri server up but have no clue how ti get it to work remotely. this would help both of us out so please could you give us a spoonfed step by step detailed tutorial??? or a link or just somehting so we can get it set up??? thanks

thaszar im not sure if my last reply wnet through or not. i was using my iphone and it kept giving issues... anyway

since we are both in the same boat i figure ill set mine up exactly how you have yours set up and then between the two of us we should manage to get it to work. im sure well be able to help eachother out in case maybe i get something you dont or vice versa. so jsut to clairfy you are

using methoddk static ip method - correct?
    using virtual machine ip when you edit subnet masq (step 2) - correct?

I figure if we both start from just the server wokring at the same point there will be a better chance of us getting it to work so we dont have to start all over from scratch or use a different confirguration.

so if anything is different or needs to be clarified on your set up let me know. otherwise im gonna set mine up the same way and go at it until it works. I even took tomoroow off work just to sit here and get it working at all costs!!!

also thazsar this is my email - [email protected] please feel free to email me so were not cluttering up this post. I'm really thinking between the two of us well eventually get it. and hopefully some one can chime in and walk us through or help
    Last edited by schmooty; 01-12-2012 at 10:23 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I just got the host file and playlist file from a person who has successfully got the 4 to work remotely over edge/3G/ or any wifi. I'm gonna ssh and find out what info they used ( whether there ext ip , dydns/no-ip, virtual machine, guzzoni, etc.

Just in case that helps or maybe clues us ( thazsar and myself or anyone a else needing help).

If it matters I did look at the host file already and it has a name before the guzzoni.apple.com part. Not a number or ip address. I'm assuming it's a dydns or no-ip but it's titled as a .crt so I'm not sure. It's titled. Siri2.siriproxy.ca.crt. So it may not be REQUIRED but believe to make it work remotely the host file WILL need to be changed. I will try to confirm that though

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by schmooty View Post
    I just got the host file and playlist file from a person who has successfully got the 4 to work remotely over edge/3G/ or any wifi. I'm gonna ssh and find out what info they used ( whether there ext ip , dydns/no-ip, virtual machine, guzzoni, etc.

Just in case that helps or maybe clues us ( thazsar and myself or anyone a else needing help).

If it matters I did look at the host file already and it has a name before the guzzoni.apple.com part. Not a number or ip address. I'm assuming it's a dydns or no-ip but it's titled as a .crt so I'm not sure. It's titled. Siri2.siriproxy.ca.crt. So it may not be REQUIRED but believe to make it work remotely the host file WILL need to be changed. I will try to confirm that though
    Sounds good! Let us know!

BTW, I edited my host file like crazy without any luck...
    I will say, though, that I didn't put in my 'hostname' before guzzoni.apple.com. Instead, I kept trying my host address or address:443 w/ different configurations.......which did nothing!
    Last edited by thazsar; 01-12-2012 at 11:44 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thazsar.

Do you have your 4 so that spire and your host both point to your dydns/no-ip? Also have tou edited the .plist??In the dual common names have you swapped and tried guzzoni first and your dydns second?

I feel like I finally understand what needs ro be done. My problem I found is my ports aren't forwarding. I'm actually stumped on that an normally that's very easy. What I've come to conclude so far is that you need dual common names which sometime you have to flip which one (dydns or guzzoni) is entered first. The host file doesn't need to be changed at all. .plist needs to be edited for the 3 addl files and spire set to dyndn. Have you done all of that or was anything about what I just mentioned missing on your part??

Again not at computer. I'll repost most clearly when I'm at a computer

Thanks

First off, did you get yours working?!?!

I have tried putting in ALL the IP Addresses and hostnames in Spire, the host file and the .plist file. I've done different combinations for all of it!!! I've switched the guzzoni and dyndns orientation, as well...

What I noticed was if I change the Spire address to anything but the guzzoni address, it won't even try to initiate. If I have Spire set to guzzoni and the .plist to dyndns, it doesn't try either. If I have Spire set to guzzoni, .plist set to guzzoni, and host file set to guzzoni/dyndns then I get a response but it fails.

I can't remember, though, what happens when I set the host file to dyndns/guzzoni. I'll have to try again to see.

BTW, I tried the VPN setup with no luck getting it to turn on w/ my phone. Not sure why cuz I have verified that my port forwarding is working but it just won't turn ON from my ip4 or my ip4S.

Honestly, since the ip4S jailbreak is imminent, I might just wait for the new Siri port after these guys have the files they need to do this correctly....I'm tired of trying! LOL!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by njschwartz View Post
    You could if there was a way to edit the hosts file on your 4s.

Thanks

Now that I've removed everything Spire related on my phone and computer, I'm wondering if I should've reset my router after setting it all up...

My Apple Home Sharing went down w/out me realizing it and I had to reboot my router which fixed everything. I wonder if that was why I couldn't get remote access...
    Last edited by thazsar; 01-16-2012 at 12:07 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Last edited by schmooty; 01-16-2012 at 03:13 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

@thazsar

what os are you using. i have been using virtual box ubuntu on a windows 7 host. I have managed to get it to work on windows 7 ( pure windows 7 environment no virtual box or ubuntu needed). if you have windows let me know and ill walk you through step by step until its working

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I also am having issues connecting over 3G.
    I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 and the server works perfectly over the local network.
    I regenerated the certs for external IP and for my no-ip address but to no avail. It just won't connect.
    I open up a web browser and use the same https://externalip:1000 or https://myno-ip.com:10000 and it gives me the certificate is not trusted warning (internet explorer) I then click to proceed and my server gets a response. It shows the ports are forwarded correctly, so it leaves me thinking that it is the certs themselves. Has anyone else overcome this issue? Or can anyone help at all? Please..

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I need some help. I followed the guide for Dynamic WAN. When i get to the command "siriproxy bundle" nothing happens. I have no idea what to do, I have done all steps before that one. Im on Ubuntu 11.10 and its very fresh, installed ubuntu, upgrades and then started the guide. Need advices/help
    Thanks in advance!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Okay, I'm back. Sorry for the long hiatus but I actually jumped over to the Android side of the world for the past month and a half.

@Jonthee, What directory are you located when running "siriproxy bundle"? Use the command "pwd" to find out. Make sure you are located in the SiriProxy dir and not ./siriproxy

@Juszzy, So you are using ports 1000? it should be ports 443. The address under Spire on the phone should be "https://whatever.dyndns.org" with no trailing ports. Also, just to be clear, you did email and install the certs on the phone correct?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have tried to run the command from both SiriProxy and ./siriproxy directories but all I get is "Command not found".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hello, please I'm new to this forum and I have a problem. I have an iPad jailbroken and running ios 5.0.1 and I had Spire installed and running well because I have a proxy server from a friend of mine who has a 4s, anyways the problem is that spire got uninstalled when I downloaded an app from cydia (i don't remember its name) so i tried reinstalling it, respringing, rebooting, and apple restore but I always get an error when I try to install it the error comes after "Opening remote ZIP" and the error is "Failed removing file at path" and it loops a lot each time with a different directory. I want siri to run again on my ipad. please help. Thank you