Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: [HOWTO] Get Siri working on iPhone 4 using Spire and SiriProxy

Quote Originally Posted by iFiend View Post
    Now this is something that I'd love to know how to do! Myself, my IT friend coworker, and about 5 of us have a proxy running off of another coworker's 4s keys, auto-saving them every day. But IT friend is out sick today (he is running a linux server at home) and no one's Siri works! Including the guy with the 4s
    I'm sure you could set this up with a script, I haven't looked into it.

@methoddk

I found a small error in terms of the walkthrough for the Dynamic WAN IP Setup. after generating the certs, you should cp or mv them into ~/.siriproxy directory. If not, since you generated the certs in the ~/SiriProxy directory and run "rvmsudo siriproxy server", the service fails when you try to make a request using siri since it looks for the certs in ~/.siriproxy.

Quote Originally Posted by djrbx View Post
    @methoddk

I found a small error in terms of the walkthrough for the Dynamic WAN IP Setup. after generating the certs, you should cp or mv them into ~/.siriproxy directory. If not, since you generated the certs in the ~/SiriProxy directory and run "rvmsudo siriproxy server", the service fails when you try to make a request using siri since it looks for the certs in ~/.siriproxy.
    That slipped my mind adding to that fork, added "cd ~/.siriproxy" right before the certificate instructions. Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by methoddk View Post
    That looks good to me. in your hosts file make sure you have it like this:

your.dns.com guzzoni.apple.com

It would be a better test to start with your iPhone4. If you are getting siri responses from the iPod over wifi than its working. as far as over 3G, something isn't forwarding properly.
    I followed your guide on setting up SiriProxy but I didnt see anywhere that I needed to modify the host file on the VM. Do i need to do this to get it to work correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by mexicanamerican View Post
    I followed your guide on setting up SiriProxy but I didnt see anywhere that I needed to modify the host file on the VM. Do i need to do this to get it to work correctly?
    You need to modify the hosts file on your iPhone 4 if you are using a static IP. If you have a dynamic IP and a dynamic dns forwarder then you need to generate a dual common name certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by methoddk View Post
    You need to modify the hosts file on your iPhone 4 if you are using a static IP. If you have a dynamic IP and a dynamic dns forwarder then you need to generate a dual common name certificate.
    I got it working, You're guide worked great. The iPhone 4 that I have connecting doesnt have a modified host and it still works. I appreciate your hard work!

Please delete this post. Thanks,
    Last edited by djrbx; 01-05-2012 at 11:46 PM. Reason: Please delete

@methoddk - What should I enter when asked for:

0.commonName = Common Name (eg, YOUR name) 0.commonName_default = www.domain1.com
    &
    1.commonName = Common Name (eg, YOUR name) 1.commonName_default =www.domain2.org
    ?

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by imvirus View Post
    @methoddk - What should I enter when asked for:

0.commonName = Common Name (eg, YOUR name) 0.commonName_default = www.domain1.com
    &
    1.commonName = Common Name (eg, YOUR name) 1.commonName_default =www.domain2.org
    ?

Thanks!!
    If you are referring to editing openssl.cnf, just enter it as you posted. This edit is made so that when you generate the certificate, it'll ask for two common names instead of one.

Then, when you actually get to the step when you generate the certificates, it'll ask for the county, state, company, department, then common name. The first common name should be your dyndns/noip address. The second common name is guzzoni.apple.com
    Last edited by djrbx; 01-11-2012 at 06:49 AM.

Thanks for the reply. Will the dual cert steps enable me to use Siri over "Edge Network"? I'm using an unlocked iphone 4 under tmobile that's why.

Also I have tried entering the my ip address first on the domain1 and guzzoni.apple.com on domain 2 but the 4s runs into some problems. But if I switch it and enter the guzzoni first then my ip address, it works fine on both 4s and 4.

But I could get it to work when I'm on Edge (outside my network). I haven't tried being connected to another wifi network so I can't confirm that part yet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JackSchitt's Avatar
    Thanks

I know a guy with open proxy slots if anyone is interested. I have been using Siri for two days straight. He is legit.

Quote Originally Posted by JackSchitt View Post
    I know a guy with open proxy slots if anyone is interested. I have been using Siri for two days straight. He is legit.
    That guy wouldn't be you, would it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone JackSchitt's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iFiend View Post
    That guy wouldn't be you, would it?
    Ha,I wish. I am not that talented. I just happen to finally find a person last week with a legit proxy. All the free ones didn't work. This guy charges access to his servers but is well worth it. I have been using Siri since Friday without any lag or any issues whatsoever.

Can someone pleeeeaaaase just confirm for me. I've spent over 2 weeks on this and I have it working on my local network only using the static ip method ( I have dynamic ip from my provider and I also have a no-ip. I would like to get siri working over edge/3G/foreign wifi rather than being limited to only when im home on my wifi. so....

1. for the DNS masq editing part I put in my virtual machine up address ( not my dynamic ip). Is this correct???

2. for the dual. Commoname I leave default and dont change anything:
    &
    1.commonName = Common Name (eg, YOUR name) 1.commonName_default = DomainQuadrat: Domain, Domains registrieren, Domainhandel, .AT Domains, Domain-Beratung
    Is that correct???

3. when it asks for state,city,comp,etc. I should put:
    My no-ip or dynamic ip ( not my virtual machine ip that I used in the DNS masq) FIRST and then guzzoni.apple.com SECOND. Is thatcorrect???

Thanks so much in advance. You guys are my only hope.

Imvirus kinda through me off with that last post saying he did the ip second and then mentioned the edge both working and not so I'm just not sure and want to clarify.

Quote Originally Posted by schmooty View Post
    Can someone pleeeeaaaase just confirm for me. I've spent over 2 weeks on this and I have it working on my local network only using the static ip method ( I have dynamic ip from my provider and I also have a no-ip. I would like to get siri working over edge/3G/foreign wifi rather than being limited to only when im home on my wifi. so....

1. for the DNS masq editing part I put in my virtual machine up address ( not my dynamic ip). Is this correct???

2. for the dual. Commoname I leave default and dont change anything:
    &
    1.commonName = Common Name (eg, YOUR name) 1.commonName_default = www.domain2.org
    Is that correct???

3. when it asks for state,city,comp,etc. I should put:
    My no-ip or dynamic ip ( not my virtual machine ip that I used in the DNS masq) FIRST and then guzzoni.apple.com SECOND. Is thatcorrect???

Thanks so much in advance. You guys are my only hope.

Imvirus kinda through me off with that last post saying he did the ip second and then mentioned the edge both working and not so I'm just not sure and want to clarify.
    1 - Yes, use your VM IP adress.
    2- Enter this exactly as it is quoted
    0.commonName = Common Name (eg, YOUR name)
    0.commonName_default = www.domain1.com
    0.commonName_max = 64
    1.commonName = Common Name (eg, YOUR name)
    1.commonName_default = www.domain2.org
    1.commonName_max = 64
    3- Correct. DynDNS/NoIP for the first common name and guzzoni.apple.com for the second common name.
    Last edited by djrbx; 01-11-2012 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Formatting

Thanks
    Thanked 3,252 Times in 1,383 Posts

@methoddk,
    Okay, I got Siri working on my wife's iPhone 4 and now I want to setup the Dynamic DNS service. Does it matter if I use a static IP or a dynamic IP? It sounds like using a static IP is easier to setup but am I missing something by thinking that? Thanx in advance!!!
    Last edited by thazsar; 01-11-2012 at 10:11 AM.

A free siri proxy can be found here:
    SiriForAll - Get Siri on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod Touch 4G - FOR FREE!
    He's legit, you need to do a survey to get the download. But if anyone leaks the files / server IP he will close the server.

Thanks

...okay...ANYBODY!!!

Does it matter if I use static or dynamic to set up my dynamic DNS?!?! Wanted to do this tonight of possible.

Gonna use dyndns.com as the static host. So would I set it up in dyndns.com using my.ip.address:443 so that it sees port 443 on my network? Thanx!
    Last edited by thazsar; 01-11-2012 at 03:45 PM.

i could use clarification on this as well. sorry that i need everything spoonfed to me. I thought if you had a dynamic ip and you are using a no-ip or dyndns ( either one) than you would follow @methoddk tutorial with for the dynamic ip with the dual commonnames.

once the server is up the host file should have your no-ip or dyndns then after it guzzoni.apple.com
    the assistant plist file needs the 3 lines or keys whatever added to

on the iphone itself your dns should be the virtual machine ip
    and im not sure but spire should either be your no-ip/dynds or guzzoni.apple.com . im not sure but the tutoral has guzzoni so i assume go with that one

is this correct as well or what should be corrected. i believe this will help me and thezor

oh and by the way djrbx thank you sooooooo very much. that was just the answer i needed. you are the best!!!!!
    Last edited by schmooty; 01-11-2012 at 03:05 PM.

Thanks

Great... Confused more! LOL!

My ISP router uses dynamic IP addresses but I thought using No-IP or DynDNS.com would eliminate the need for these 'two extra' certification files since those companies use a Static IP address.

If I need those files, then:

-Where do I get them and/or How do I create them
    -Where do I put them afterwards

Thanx again!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast