+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Disable Multitasking ios 5.0.1

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Does anyone know how to disable multitasking or disable app switcher on the ios 5.0.1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Talking Disable Multitasking ios 5.0.1
    Does anyone know how to disable multitasking or disable app switcher on the ios 5.0.1

Thanks

Springtomize 2 will do it. You can search cydia too I'm sure there's more than one package on there that'll disable multitasking.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks. Springtomize 2 seems to do the trick but with a little delay... it works tho!

Thanks

Disable multitasking and multitasking disabler might be a little quicker but also require winterboard. I doubt they are quicker tho.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I refrain from using winterboard at this time because of the negative effects such as slowing down animation effects. I hope they consider updating it to make it faster as if it is a native interface/framework.

iPhone? More like MyPhone mgmm1's Avatar
    Thanks

I am using Imperium for multi-tasking and want to disable the native multitask feature. None of the Winderboard option seem to work for me. If Imperium is displayed and I double press the home button, the native multitask opens with the backgrounded apps.

I have Springtomize 2 but haven't figured out what settings to adjust to make to disable the native multi-tasking. Can someone help with the settings? I have an 4S running 5.0.1.

Thanks in advance.

What's Jailbreak? NanoTeXplorer's Avatar
    Thanks

I've always hated the multi task that apple put in. Prolly, use the multitask feature like once in a while.

So I use "MultiCleaner" to disable the multitask each time I press the home button.. Look it up in cydia & hope it works for u & that u'll like it as much as I do and use it on daily basis. Cheers!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default I did this easily
    I used activator to disable multitasking.

Assign to single press home (from anywhere) --> remove background. So each and every time to press the home button to come out of the app, this action will close the app fully. Hence now at anytime i am having full ram for access for the next app i am opening.