Results 1 to 7 of 7

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Spire not functioning with working SiriProxy on iPhone 4

  1. #1
    Default Spire not functioning with working SiriProxy on iPhone 4
    So I installed all necessary files, created a SiriProxy server, and obtained 4S keys from my sister's 4S. Now when the Siri GUI pops up, the microphone button does not activate or function upon touch.

    What I've done:
    -Restored and JB using 0.9.10b2 from scratch.
    -Rebooted and respringed like a madman
    -Reinstalled Spire I think about 1012 times.

    What has happened:
    -First time I restored and JB from scratch, the button actually worked and said that my request couldn't be processed because I was in Windows OS restoring and JBing again, so I didn't have the SiriProxy running when I was testing it out via Ubuntu.
    -Tried multiple restores and JBs yesterday for about 5 hours, never worked again, so disappointed..

    Anyone else out there suffering the same problems as I am?

  2. #2
    Default Http://
    put in http:// in the server field in spire. Thats probably the problem.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Carter-lax21 View Post
    put in http:// in the server field in spire. Thats probably the problem.
    That was the problem. It doesn't work now because I don't know how to transfer the required keys from my sister's 4S to my phone..

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by unreach View Post
    That was the problem. It doesn't work now because I don't know how to transfer the required keys from my sister's 4S to my phone..
    Use this version, as it will automatically capture the required keys from the 4s and cache them.

    [IT] HOWTO: Siri fully working with your own SiriProxy for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod, iPad - Ketchup-Mayo-Senf.de - Blog

    The easiest way to get the 4s to connect is to create a static DNS entry in your home Wifi router for guzzoni.apple.com. It should point to the IP address that hosts Siriproxy. Don't forget to generate the cert for guzzoni.apple.com (in the Common Name field). To get the iPhone 4 to use it once you've connected with the 4s, simply create the appropriate entry in /etc/hosts, and configure Spire to connect to https://guzzoni.apple.com. The tutorial above, will walk you through the necessary steps for setting up the CA, issuing the cert and installing the CA public cert on your and your sister's iPhones.

    Remember that the validation key expires every 24 hours, but as long as your sister is using her 4s on your home wifi with the modified DNS entry, you'll always have the latest validation key.

    Have fun!
    Last edited by mikejinuk; 12-29-2011 at 09:56 PM.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by mikejinuk View Post
    Use this version, as it will automatically capture the required keys from the 4s and cache them.

    [IT] HOWTO: Siri fully working with your own SiriProxy for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPod, iPad - Ketchup-Mayo-Senf.de - Blog

    The easiest way to get the 4s to connect is to create a static DNS entry in your home Wifi router for guzzoni.apple.com. It should point to the IP address that hosts Siriproxy. Don't forget to generate the cert for guzzoni.apple.com (in the Common Name field). To get the iPhone 4 to use it once you've connected with the 4s, simply create the appropriate entry in /etc/hosts, and configure Spire to connect to https://guzzoni.apple.com. The tutorial above, will walk you through the necessary steps for setting up the CA, issuing the cert and installing the CA public cert on your and your sister's iPhones.

    Remember that the validation key expires every 24 hours, but as long as your sister is using her 4s on your home wifi with the modified DNS entry, you'll always have the latest validation key.

    Have fun!
    Has anyone managed to get westbaer's fork working?
    My 4S connects to siriproxy and the necessary files are created in ~/.siriproxy but my 3GS doesn't get past the connection. I see it connecting in the console but that's it.
    I'll try changing the spire proxy to https://guzzoni.apple.com to see if that helps but any advice or tips would be great.

    Edit: it may help others to know the last steps were to edit the plist on the non 4S.
    I found a guide at methoddk.com/siriguide/
    Last edited by Chiledog; 12-30-2011 at 06:26 AM.

  6. #6
    I was just about to post here telling you to check my guide out, but you've found it already.

    Hope it helps!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to methoddk For This Useful Post:

    Chiledog (12-30-2011)

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by methoddk View Post
    I was just about to post here telling you to check my guide out, but you've found it already.

    Hope it helps!
    Yeah wicked mate. Thanks.
    Was two things missing. Setting the spire proxy to guzzoni instead of my ip.
    Then edit the plist.
    Some of the plugins are a bit flaky but on the whole it's great.
    Thanks for the guide dude.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •