Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Help with SSH on iOS 5.0.1

  1. #1
    Hey all

    Im tryin to SSH into my iPhone 4 running iOS 5.0.1 untethered. Im using WinSCP and OpenSSH is installed. When I put the info in to login, I keep getting "Connection Refused" I never got this when running 5.0 and below. Is there something different with 5.0.1 that wont let any programs SSH into it?



    EDIT:: Nevermind...I found the answer on another site
    Last edited by mthomas184; 12-28-2011 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Found answer

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by mthomas184 View Post
    EDIT:: Nevermind...I found the answer on another site
    Care to share that solution ?
    I'm having the same problem

  3. #3
    Install Corona 5.0.1 Untether version 1.0-3 to fix issues with SSHD starting up. (It's in Cydia)

  4. #4
    I am still having problem trying to ssh with 5.0.1 =(

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by whosiao View Post
    I am still having problem trying to ssh with 5.0.1 =(
    What is the issue? Cannot connect? Does SBSettings stop and start SSH daemon properly? Did you re-boot you phone after installing Corona untether?

  6. #6
    well i had to restore so i jailbroke using b2 this time since they said it was updated because of the glitch with SSH but it still doesnt work....if i use the corona patch it causes my apps to crash so now i dont know what to do....any ideas?

  7. #7
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    I am having the same issues with SSH, I am using WINSCP and installed OpenSSH.

    I tried the "Corona Fix" and installed through Cydia. I am still getting a connection error from WINSCP. Anyone find a solution?

    Quote Originally Posted by DanBUK View Post
    What is the issue? Cannot connect? Does SBSettings stop and start SSH daemon properly? Did you re-boot you phone after installing Corona untether?
    I tried the Corona Untether as well as rebooting after installing still not getting a connection :/

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by dsupermanp View Post
    I am having the same issues with SSH, I am using WINSCP and installed OpenSSH.

    I tried the "Corona Fix" and installed through Cydia. I am still getting a connection error from WINSCP. Anyone find a solution?



    I tried the Corona Untether as well as rebooting after installing still not getting a connection :/
    which version of the corona untether are u using? 1.0-3 fixed the issue.

    also might wanna check your settings on WinSCP and make sure they are correct

  9. #9
    Afternoon all!

    Hope my post helps and doesn't cause issues, but I'm hoping extensive discussion on the topic helps someone else out there.

    Wanted to install a cracked version of BiteSMS onto my iphone and the only way I know how to do that is installing a .deb file via SSH using WINSCP, k? So that's why I wanted to install Mobile Terminal, OpenSSH, etc etc. Hopefully some keywords snag some people here to help them as well.

    Anyway, I also was receiving the "Connection Refused" error when trying to log into my Iphone via WINSCP. This forum was very helpful for me and the answer can be found here, but this is for others who STILL may have an issue.

    What I did to fix this was install from Cydia : OpenSSH, Toggle SSH (Don't think this is necessary, but hey its on my iphone4 and I'm working 100%), AND Corona 5.0.1 Untether (install it like any other package/app from cydia).

    Turned off my phone. Turned it back on. Closed Itunes when it popped up. I have SBSettings, so I then swiped, saw my Wi-Fi IP Address: "xxx.xxx.x.x" wabam!

    went to WINSCP: used that IP address, login: root, password: alpine. Hit enter, didn't work...wtf? Tried again, oh there it goes it worked.

    installing my deb file as I type this. Hope it helps if it doesn't, well...you can flame me. A 1 post user is entitled to some flamage, right?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by yOFrankie View Post
    Afternoon all!

    Hope my post helps and doesn't cause issues, but I'm hoping extensive discussion on the topic helps someone else out there.

    Wanted to install a cracked version of BiteSMS onto my iphone and the only way I know how to do that is installing a .deb file via SSH using WINSCP, k? So that's why I wanted to install Mobile Terminal, OpenSSH, etc etc. Hopefully some keywords snag some people here to help them as well.

    Anyway, I also was receiving the "Connection Refused" error when trying to log into my Iphone via WINSCP. This forum was very helpful for me and the answer can be found here, but this is for others who STILL may have an issue.

    What I did to fix this was install from Cydia : OpenSSH, Toggle SSH (Don't think this is necessary, but hey its on my iphone4 and I'm working 100%), AND Corona 5.0.1 Untether (install it like any other package/app from cydia).

    Turned off my phone. Turned it back on. Closed Itunes when it popped up. I have SBSettings, so I then swiped, saw my Wi-Fi IP Address: "xxx.xxx.x.x" wabam!

    went to WINSCP: used that IP address, login: root, password: alpine. Hit enter, didn't work...wtf? Tried again, oh there it goes it worked.

    installing my deb file as I type this. Hope it helps if it doesn't, well...you can flame me. A 1 post user is entitled to some flamage, right?

    No it does not work has nothing to do installing the toggle ssh, and this failure is not caused by the carioca openssh daemon

    bye

  11. #11
    I have the same problem.

    I tried a variety of solutions, but so far all have failed.

    1) I just installed OpenSSH from Cydia, then rebooted - didn't work, so uninstalled OpenSSH

    2) I tried installing OpenSSH and SBSettings at the same time from Cydia, then rebooted - didn't work, so uninstalled OpenSSH and SBSettings

    3) I installed the Corona untether and then reinstalled OpenSSH - didn't work, so uninstalled OpenSSH

    4) I installed the Corona untether and then reinstalled OpenSSH and SBSettings - didn't work, so uninstalled OpenSSH and SBSettings

    Right now, I've uninstalled OpenSSH, SBSettings and Corona untether altogether - waiting on someone to figure out how to fix this issue. I am afraid that if I start installing Cydia and iTunes apps without changing the root and mobile passwords, I might get hit by a virus.

    In all 4 cases, for the first few minutes after the initial install and reboot - I am able to SSH into the iphone 4 on 5.0.1 - but by the time I attempt to get a terminal open and change the root and mobile passwords, it disconnects.

    Thereafter I keep getting the "Connection Refused" error on WinSCP.

    I might add that I have just done a clean restore to 5.0.1 and only installed Cydia. I have not installed any other apps either from iTunes or Cydia so far.

    Can someone please shed some light on this freaky problem?

    Thanks much.

  12. #12
    Ok I have had the same problem as all mentioned here. I tried possible everything that was recommended in this feed, and the only time it started working was when i installed ALL components ( in the following order open ssh, toggle ssh, corona untether) and then rebooted my iphone4. Then I went to the ToggleSSH app and clicked enable. Note: when you click enable it won't look as if you clicked it, you will think you didn't but you really did. Stay on that screen and now try logging in using WinSCP. It should work now, as it did for me... Hope this helps. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

  13. #13
    I had same problem. Make sure open SSL is also installed.

  14. #14
    was having the same problems as everyone else here. installed corona 5.0.1 untether and it works 100% now. thanks everyone!

  15. #15
    The Corona untether worked for as well. Thanks!

  16. #16
    I am having an issue with SSH on a 4s. Does anyone know what might be going on? Cannot connect to server.

  17. #17
    Default Solution
    Same problem
    Solved whit this
    YOU ARE INFECTED WITH IKEE VIRUS. HERE IS THE FIX.

    How to Remove ikee iPhone Worm The ikee worm has spread to jailbroken iPhones in Australia running SSH with the default root password. Follow the steps below to remove all ikee code and prevent Rick Astley from reappearing on your lock screen:

    For known variants A, B or C

    Run the Terminal app.
    Enter each of the following commands followed by "return" to remove these files.

    rm /bin/poc-bbot rm /bin/sshpass rm /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.ikey.bbot.plist rm /var/lock/bbot.lock rm /var/log/youcanbeclosertogod.jpg rm /var/mobile/LockBackground.jpg

    Reboot your iPhone.
    Reinstall the SSH package from Cydia.
    Follow these instructions to change your default root password and prevent reinfection!

    For known variant D

    Run the Terminal app.
    Enter each of the following commands followed by "return" to remove these files.

    rm /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.saurik.Cydia.Startup.plist rm /usr/libexec/cydia/startup rm /usr/libexec/cydia/startup-helper rm /usr/libexec/cydia/startup.so

    Enter each of the following commands followed by "return" to reinstall Cydia.

    su root alpine get-app remove cydia get-app install cydia

    Reboot your iPhone.
    Follow these instructions to change your default root password and prevent reinfection!
    From: SSH Gives "Server Unexpectedly Closed Network Connection" - JailbreakQA by "cvliew"

    You can use iFile to remove the files.

    Tested in Iphone 4S 5.0.1

  18. #18
    I use to use winscp. It's crap. Use ifunbox. Never any problems. Just connect with USB lead. It's not wireless. So much more reliable that winscp. More simple as well.

  19. #19
    FIX TO WINSCP CONNECTION ERROR

    Wuts up everyone. I was in the same situation you guys were all in. Nothing seemed to work.
    I tried everything you guys suggested here.

    BUT, I figured it out. At least I figured it out for myself and hopefully a majority of you all.

    It is a problem with the Router Settings!
    You have to go to the Router's Web Page. The way I do it is by going to the Start Menu and clicking Computer>Network>Right click Router Icon>View Device Web Page.
    I have a NetGear router. I went to the USB Storage Section, then clicked Advanced Settings.
    Here it shows the Access Methods and only HTTP was checked. I then checked FTP. The router restarted.
    I used WINSCP again and BOOM, IT WORKS!!

    Hope this helps you guys.

  20. #20
    The Corona untether worked for me as well.... Thanks all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •