+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Photo app crashes jailbroken iphone in iOS 5.0.1

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Not quite sure where to post this. I updated my iOS from jailbroken 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 today and used the untethered redsn0w to jailbreak it. Went well, took about 2
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Photo app crashes jailbroken iphone in iOS 5.0.1
    Not quite sure where to post this. I updated my iOS from jailbroken 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 today and used the untethered redsn0w to jailbreak it. Went well, took about 2 hours in total for my iP4, 32 GB unlocked at factory phone.

However, in "testing" all the apps out later....found that the photos app crashed the phone and mobile substrate put it into "safe mode". Ran "crash reporter" but it give SO much information, hard to tell what went wrong. So...I uninstalled the ONE cydia app that was related to the camera/photo app..."STEALTH CAM" and voila...this was the problem. Apparently it isn't compatible with iOS 5.0.1

So, if anyone has this issue...here you go...take off stealth cam

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by jsjb100 View Post
    Not quite sure where to post this. I updated my iOS from jailbroken 4.3.3 to 5.0.1 today and used the untethered redsn0w to jailbreak it. Went well, took about 2 hours in total for my iP4, 32 GB unlocked at factory phone.

However, in "testing" all the apps out later....found that the photos app crashed the phone and mobile substrate put it into "safe mode". Ran "crash reporter" but it give SO much information, hard to tell what went wrong. So...I uninstalled the ONE cydia app that was related to the camera/photo app..."STEALTH CAM" and voila...this was the problem. Apparently it isn't compatible with iOS 5.0.1

So, if anyone has this issue...here you go...take off stealth cam
    I had the same problem and removing stealth cam fixed it. Thank you!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Confirmed with the developer of stealthcam...it is NOT compatible with 5.0+ firmware