Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 36

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: iphone 4 5.0.1 Front Camera issue.. shutter stuck.

  1. #1
    Default iphone 4 5.0.1 Front Camera issue.. shutter stuck.
    Hey guys,
    Ive been reading a lot of info on this through goggle (modmyi search feature is returning a weird script). Has there been a fix?

    I have 3 iphone 4's in my posession. I fix them, then resell them. I currently have one stingy iphone 4 that has a software issue with the camera.

    Its not the camera itself because its been replaced. I also tried the current camera on another iphone and it worked.

    Ive tried a hard reset, restore/dfu, and terminating the app through the multitask option. Non are permanent fixes.

    Same as other issues, the only way to get around the front camera being stuck is to reset all settings so that the app can reopen using the back camera.

    So has there been a fix? The camera was just working a week ago.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Are you getting your ipsw file straight from apple??
    Fix mobile substrate for iOS7 ---http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=832837

  4. #4
    Yes straight from apple. Why?
    Firmware and baseband are up to date.

  5. #5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Cool Iphone 4 front facing camera solution
    Most of the times the front facing camera stops working after swapping out the screen. The reason for that issue is that you mess up two contact points when you pried it open. Many people talk about a software issue or a bad ribbon cable, but this is most likely not he case. Most of the times swapping out the camera won't work either. If this is the case please check the following. You need to check if the connection on the attached picture makes contact. If this is not the case you have to bring them back together. Use a small soldering iron and proceed with caution. This should fix your front facing camera.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -frontcamera.jpg  

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mr.absinth For This Useful Post:

    sharkracer21 (01-04-2012), todesto (06-12-2012)

  7. #6
    i'm having the same issue as well. Any ideas?

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to billybobr_06 For This Useful Post:

    rpjakus (01-14-2012)

  9. #7
    Thanks Mr Absinthe ... I will open up the phone tonight and take a look.

  10. #8
    Wow....
    Mine was missing that part... Thanks man. I couldint find the answer any where in the Internet. Thanks a lot. I'm gonna go ahead and fix it tomorrow.

  11. #9
    Default I think that may be my problem as well however
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.absinth View Post
    Most of the times the front facing camera stops working after swapping out the screen. The reason for that issue is that you mess up two contact points when you pried it open. Many people talk about a software issue or a bad ribbon cable, but this is most likely not he case. Most of the times swapping out the camera won't work either. If this is the case please check the following. You need to check if the connection on the attached picture makes contact. If this is not the case you have to bring them back together. Use a small soldering iron and proceed with caution. This should fix your front facing camera.
    the photo you showed is of a AT&T IPhone 4
    Mine is a Verizon.
    You won't happen
    to have a photo of a Verizon board.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Raider316; 01-14-2012 at 07:35 AM.

  12. #10
    Default Also just to be clear.
    When you say front facing camera are you speaking of the camera that is on the face of the phone or the back of the phone?

  13. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkracer21 View Post
    Wow....
    Mine was missing that part... Thanks man. I couldint find the answer any where in the Internet. Thanks a lot. I'm gonna go ahead and fix it tomorrow.
    Can you confirm that it worked? Would be nice to know because I have the same problem...

  14. #12
    iindeed it worked. i can confirm that!

  15. #13
    Hi, I have the same issue and from the picture you posted I am missing that part. How much would you charge me to repair it?

  16. #14
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
    Default re
    I haven't checked back for a while but I thought I share my experience with fixing the front facing camera on the iPhone 4(GSM).
    If the part on the photo is missing on your GSM iPhone 4 (AT&T) your front facing camera will not work again until you fixed the connection.
    If you have never opened the phone before, there could be other reasons for the front camera problem. Try a hard reset on your phone or an IOS update first. Bring your IPhone to an Apple Store if it is still under warranty.
    If you want to check the connection be very careful when you pry open the plug for the camera.


    The Photo I have posted is from an unlocked GSM phone (like AT&T).

    Be careful with the soldering iron, this connection is tiny.
    If you never used a soldering iron before you might want to consider an iPhone repair service for the camera issue.

  17. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.absinth View Post
    Most of the times the front facing camera stops working after swapping out the screen. The reason for that issue is that you mess up two contact points when you pried it open. Many people talk about a software issue or a bad ribbon cable, but this is most likely not he case. Most of the times swapping out the camera won't work either. If this is the case please check the following. You need to check if the connection on the attached picture makes contact. If this is not the case you have to bring them back together. Use a small soldering iron and proceed with caution. This should fix your front facing camera.
    will this also be the case for the iPhone 4s sprint , because i swapped the screen and back to blue, but then i cant open the FF camera it gets stuck on the shutter, can this be fixxed or i have to buy a new logic board for my iphone??? please help me any1 i really need the font facing camera to work pleaseeee thank you

  18. #16
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    northern ireland
    Posts
    30
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Anyone got a pictured guide on how fix it?

  19. #17
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    New York, New York, United States
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I am in desperate need of finding these two contact points for Verizon / CDMA 4 or iPhone 4S. Please help!

  20. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by mattnath View Post
    I am in desperate need of finding these two contact points for Verizon / CDMA 4 or iPhone 4S. Please help!
    Well, for me after this happened, I actually had to replace the front camera, and it's working now. I couldn't find those contact points on the board either, but on examining the front camera flex cable closely, I noticed that since it's attached to the frame cover that covers all the flex cable connectors on the top, it was slightly ripped while I was taking the phone apart to replace the front screen. After I replaced it with a new front camera, I restarted, killed and restarted the camera app, and it works. Again, this is for the Verizon iPhone.

  21. #19
    Default Got it to work thanks your a life saver
    Took me almost 2 hours to solder a jumper on but i got it work. thank

    Quote Originally Posted by mr.absinth View Post
    Most of the times the front facing camera stops working after swapping out the screen. The reason for that issue is that you mess up two contact points when you pried it open. Many people talk about a software issue or a bad ribbon cable, but this is most likely not he case. Most of the times swapping out the camera won't work either. If this is the case please check the following. You need to check if the connection on the attached picture makes contact. If this is not the case you have to bring them back together. Use a small soldering iron and proceed with caution. This should fix your front facing camera.

  22. #20
    Thank you so much for this. Had this problem for months, until I stumbled across this post - 10 minutes with soldering iron (fiddly little job!) and my front camera has sprung back to life


    You, mr absinth, are a star.
    Last edited by MallyUK; 05-08-2012 at 07:52 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •