Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS5, not worth the effort. IMO.

Default iOS5, not worth the effort. IMO.
    There have been a few threads, one started by me, asking if the upgrade to iOS5 is worth the effort. Now, mine and others were posted when the only JB was tethered, and with the untether just around the corner it's now a mute point, but, I thought it still worth feeding back.

Yesterday i picked up a cheap 3GS, with the aim to use it to try out iOS5. I've now done this, and really, it's not worth the effort. There are a few really nice features, that Apple seem to have made little noise about, being able to use your phone while syncing is one. The biggest let down though is the Notification Centre, it's pants. It's kinda like Apple looked at what was out there and copied half the features then either ran out of time or interest and put out the NC only half completed. The features it's missing is shocking, Apple still seem obsessed with the lock screen being all nice and clean and empty and useless. Definitely form over function there!

After a day playing with iOS5 I can say 100% that for me, its just not worth the upgrade, I guess if/when the untethered JB comes out and is faultless (like 4.3.3) I'll no doubt make the jump on my two daily use iPhones (work and personal) but as of now I'm happy to stay at 4.3.3, use Lockinfo for a proper NC and know I'm not going to hit JB issues further down the line, or one of the many bugs that iOS5 seems to be plagued with.

Thanks

Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by blinden76 View Post
    Ok.
    +1

Cool story bro
    Fix mobile substrate for iOS7 ---http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=832837

Thanks
    Thanked 1,180 Times in 730 Posts

Really you mean putting an operating system on a phone that is three years old and practically runs absolutely none of the features isn't worth it for you who would have thunk it?

I know what you mean though. I have been having a heckuva time trying to figure out how to get this DVD inside this 8 track player.

Hahaa hahaa
    Fix mobile substrate for iOS7 ---http://modmyi.com/showthread.php?t=832837

Quote Originally Posted by one1 View Post
    Really you mean putting an operating system on a phone that is three years old and practically runs absolutely none of the features isn't worth it for you who would have thunk it?

I know what you mean though. I have been having a heckuva time trying to figure out how to get this DVD inside this 8 track player.
    I'd have thought getting it in is the easy bit, getting it to play is the challenge.

Itll suck when apple stops signing 5.0.1 and then ur stuck at 4.3 only allowed to go to 5.1 which probably wont have a jb lol goodluck

Quote Originally Posted by xhazex9x View Post
    Itll suck when apple stops signing 5.0.1 and then ur stuck at 4.3 only allowed to go to 5.1 which probably wont have a jb lol goodluck
    Your right, it'll be tough, but I reckon I'll get thru it. I'll still have my health, so I'll be grateful for small mercies.

I hope you get herpes on top of no jb... Now your really screwed

Lolzzzzzzz......

Sure glad its Christmas time, else this thread could have gotten UGLY !
    MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL.