+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: need some help

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
So i have a problem with my iphone. i have an iphone 3gs old bootrom currently unlocked and jailbroken (untethered) on ios 5.0. today i was updating some things in
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default need some help
    So i have a problem with my iphone. i have an iphone 3gs old bootrom currently unlocked and jailbroken (untethered) on ios 5.0. today i was updating some things in cydia and my phone got stuck respringing. and no matter how many times i reset it, it stays the same. i cant restore to the custom fw i once built since apple doesnt sign it anymore. i never saved any shsh blobs either. so now im stuck. i tried to use ifaith but it wont let me save my blobs since it says i have an untethered jailbreak and i dont need to. i also though of building a custom ipsw and then unlocking on 5.0.1 but ultrasn0w hasnt been updated for it yet.
    I have no clue what to do. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by intense25 View Post
    So i have a problem with my iphone. i have an iphone 3gs old bootrom currently unlocked and jailbroken (untethered) on ios 5.0. today i was updating some things in cydia and my phone got stuck respringing. and no matter how many times i reset it, it stays the same. i cant restore to the custom fw i once built since apple doesnt sign it anymore. i never saved any shsh blobs either. so now im stuck. i tried to use ifaith but it wont let me save my blobs since it says i have an untethered jailbreak and i dont need to. i also though of building a custom ipsw and then unlocking on 5.0.1 but ultrasn0w hasnt been updated for it yet.
    I have no clue what to do. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.
    How did you get an untethered jailbreak on iOS 5? It hasn't been released yet.

Try to SSH into your iPhone. If you can't SSH, try things like iFunBox. Attempt to remove anything you updated.

Anyway, if you are on 5.0, 5.1 won't be any different. You can jailbreak 5.1 exactly the same way as 5.0.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Garbag3man117 View Post
    How did you get an untethered jailbreak on iOS 5? It hasn't been released yet.

Try to SSH into your iPhone. If you can't SSH, try things like iFunBox. Attempt to remove anything you updated.

Anyway, if you are on 5.0, 5.1 won't be any different. You can jailbreak 5.1 exactly the same way as 5.0.
    with an old bootrom and preserved baseband you can get an untethered jailbreak on redsn0w. i'll try SSH but my phone is still stuck on respringing.. and yeah im aware you can jailbreak 5.0.1 but i wont be able to install ultrasn0w and im on tmobile so its kinda necessary. thanks for your input

Thanks

Did u try cold restart?....hold power n home button until screen goes dark. Then hold power button down until apple logo comes up..

I haz a number
    Thanks

Definitely run iFaith to get your (AP Ticket and SHSH) for IPSW 5.0, it definitely works for 3GS and is needed to restore 5.0 Firmware to 3GS. Otherwise, how are you ever going to restore 5.0???

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 805 93003 View Post
    Definitely run iFaith to get your (AP Ticket and SHSH) for IPSW 5.0, it definitely works for 3GS and is needed to restore 5.0 Firmware to 3GS. Otherwise, how are you ever going to restore 5.0???
    No need it's an old bootrom don't need blobs to restore just make sure to point your hosts at cydia instead of apple. I'd restore and start over but it sounds like it maybe a hardware issue.

I haz a number
    Thanks

Where do you get your information? You cannot even restore a 3GS to ios3 without Blobs. How are you going to restore to ios5.0 without Blobs or AP Ticket? Where do you get your information?

Thanks

I know for a fact you can go to 3.x on an old bootrom 3GS without blobs. Just search this site if not ill post some links for you. You do not need blobs at all on an old bootrom 3GS be it for 3.x, 4.x, or 5.x.

I haz a number
    Thanks

To original Poster, before you screw up your iPhone anymore than you have already. Get iFaith and save ios5.0 Blobs and AP Ticket now, if you ever want to see 5.0 again.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 805 93003 View Post
    To original Poster, before you screw up your iPhone anymore than you have already. Get iFaith and save ios5.0 Blobs and AP Ticket now, if you ever want to see 5.0 again.
    Reread the original post it specifically says old bootrom 3GS. So original poster don't listen to him if it's an old bootrom.

I haz a number
    Thanks

iPhone 3GS needs Blobs to restore firmware, everytime, there are no exceptions at this time, 12-7-11. That is why they must be saved. No Blobs, no Downgrade (Restore).

Thanks

Yes there is. I just pulled out my old 3GS updated to 5.0.1 from 3.1.3 no shsh files at all for this phone. Then put phone in pwned dfu and downgraded to 5.0 no problems. Then I went to 4.2.1 without shsh files from pwned dfu. So why is that since I have no shsh files because the phone was never jailbroke ever?

Edit: here's a quote from musclenerd in the downgrade 5.0.1 to 5.0 thanks to ifaith thread from the news section.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleNerd View Post
    If TU had been saving APTickets back when the 5.0 window was still open, it would have a lot to do with it. Going forward (now that it does save the APTicket), you'll be able to use it for 5.0.1 and forward too. Until Apple changes things again.

Old bootrom 3GS doesn't need any blobs at all, because of the 24kpwn hack. So just restore to a custom ipsw that utilizes that hack (created by PwnageTool or redsn0w or sn0wbreeze).

We do have the iBooks fix ready to go with the next redsn0w release (and that redsn0w will also support 5.0.1). I realize sn0wbreeze has a fix, but it uses a very very broad patch that eliminates the notion of sandboxes completely (which is not a safe thing to do..it give all apps access to all the data of all the other apps).

Thanks (and thanks keenpois0n!)
    This post is on page 5 of that thread. So sorry but your wrong and that's straight from a dev.
    Last edited by -JailbreakeR-; 12-07-2011 at 09:23 PM.

I haz a number
    Thanks

Thanks for the update and thorough response. The Restore process has become very complex and treacherous. While you are correct. I believe that saving Blobs and AP Ticket is still a good idea, even for an old bootrom 3GS. There is no harm, the minimal sweat is worth it in my opinion. Thanks for the update. Sorry for the hassle.

Brad

Thanks

It's cool. There's more misinformation around than true info. It's still pointless to save the blobs for old bootrom 3GS they will never need them. I wasn't trying to put you down by no means.