+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SiriProxy Facebook Plugin

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey everyone! I just wanted to share a plugin I made for SiriProxy that interacts with Facebook. It's open source so feel free to git it and play around with
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool SiriProxy Facebook Plugin
    Hey everyone! I just wanted to share a plugin I made for SiriProxy that interacts with Facebook. It's open source so feel free to git it and play around with it.

VIDEO: Facebook SiriProxy Plugin - YouTube

SOURCE: https://github.com/rosswaycaster/SiriProxy-Facebook

Enjoy!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to rosswaycaster For This Useful Post:

JesseDegenerate (12-06-2011)

Thanks
    Default Facebook plugin issue
    when i go in here http://siri.rosswaycaster.com/ it gives me the token but it does not give me my user name

Copy and Paste ALL of these random characters into your config.yml file where it says access_token.

sfjherifuheirgfherigherigehrgiuerhgierhgiergheirgh erigh95874698798985954yuti54ogh4it5gn45oi6u5469546 954

Copy and Paste this into your config.yml file where it says username.
    WHERE IS MY USER NAME ????
    The only thing that can make a Dream impossible is The Fear of Failure... [Paulo Coelho]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up username
    Log in to your Facebook at Facebook.com and then go to your 'Account Settings'. Username is the second setting, you may have never set on up. Copy what is AFTER http://facebook.com/ that is your username.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Gloxin View Post
    when i go in here http://siri.rosswaycaster.com/ it gives me the token but it does not give me my user name

Copy and Paste ALL of these random characters into your config.yml file where it says access_token.

sfjherifuheirgfherigherigehrgiuerhgierhgiergheirgh erigh95874698798985954yuti54ogh4it5gn45oi6u5469546 954

Copy and Paste this into your config.yml file where it says username.
    WHERE IS MY USER NAME ????
    Where is the config yml file located?

Thanks
    ok now when i add the facebook content to config.yml i get an error when i try to bundle it up .

siriproxy bundle

The path `/Users/gloxin/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0/gems/siriproxy-0.0.1/plugins/siriproxy-facebook` does not exist.

is ok i already got the username..now im facing another problem.....

when i add the facebook config-info.yml content to config.yml i get an error when i try to bundle it up .

siriproxy bundle

The path `/Users/gloxin/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0/gems/siriproxy-0.0.1/plugins/siriproxy-facebook` does not exist.
    The only thing that can make a Dream impossible is The Fear of Failure... [Paulo Coelho]

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deefruben View Post
    Where is the config yml file located?
    It's in your .siriproxy folder.. this is just a plugin. You have to set up SiriProxy for it to work. https://github.com/plamoni/SiriProxy

ok now when i add the facebook content to config.yml i get an error when i try to bundle it up .

siriproxy bundle

is ok i already got the username..now im facing another problem.....

when i add the facebook config-info.yml content to config.yml i get an error when i try to bundle it up .

siriproxy bundle

try replacing path: './plugins/siriproxy-facebook' with path: 'git://github.com/rosswaycaster/SiriProxy-Facebook.git' in the config.yml file. You'll have to have git installed. If this doesn't work then just navigate to that folder (/Users/gloxin/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0/gems/siriproxy-0.0.1/plugins/) and put the siriproxy-facebook folder in there. Idk why it works like that because I didn't make SiriProxy, but that's just what you have to do sometimes..

Let me know if this works for you.
    Last edited by rosswaycaster; 12-05-2011 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks
    ok i have the facebook plugin is up and running..i know this because i said to siri " test facebook" and she responded with my facebook name...but when i say to her "check facebook" this error shows up and kills my siriproxy conection.

[Info - Plugin Manager] Processing plugin #<SiriProxy::Plugin::Example:0x00000101210>
    [Info - Plugin Manager] Processing plugin #<SiriProxy::Plugin::Facebook:0x0000010110>
    [Info - Plugin Manager] Matches (?i-mx:check facebook)
    [Info - Plugin Manager] Applicable states:
    [Info - Plugin Manager] Current state:
    [Info - Plugin Manager] Matches, executing block
    [Info - Plugin Manager] Say: Checking Facebook...
    /Users/gloxin/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0/gems/siriproxy-0.0.1/plugins/siriproxy-facebook/lib/siriproxy-facebook.rb:32:in `block in <class:Facebook>': undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
    from /Users/gloxin/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0/bundler/gems/cora-15d199d3af0b/lib/cora/plugin.rb:41:in `instance_exec'
    from /Users/gloxin/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0/bundler/gems/cora-15d199d3af0b/lib/cora/plugin.rb:41:in `block (2 levels) in process'
    zlib(finalizer): the stream was freed prematurely.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok i have the facebook plugin is up and running..i know this because i said to siri " test facebook" and she responded with my facebook name...but when i say to her "check facebook" this error shows up and kills my siriproxy conection.

[Info - Plugin Manager] Processing plugin #<SiriProxy::Plugin::Example:0x00000101210>
    [Info - Plugin Manager] Processing plugin #<SiriProxy::Plugin::Facebook:0x0000010110>
    [Info - Plugin Manager] Matches (?i-mx:check facebook)
    [Info - Plugin Manager] Applicable states:
    [Info - Plugin Manager] Current state:
    [Info - Plugin Manager] Matches, executing block
    [Info - Plugin Manager] Say: Checking Facebook...
    /Users/gloxin/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0/gems/siriproxy-0.0.1/plugins/siriproxy-facebook/lib/siriproxy-facebook.rb:32:in `block in <class:Facebook>': undefined method `each' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
    from /Users/gloxin/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0/bundler/gems/cora-15d199d3af0b/lib/cora/plugin.rb:41:in `instance_exec'
    from /Users/gloxin/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.3-p0/bundler/gems/cora-15d199d3af0b/lib/cora/plugin.rb:41:in `block (2 levels) in process'
    Alright I think I fixed the issue. The fixed version is on github. If you want to always get the current version from github you can again open your config.yml file and remove the whole "path:" line and replace it with.. git: 'git://github.com/rosswaycaster/SiriProxy-Facebook.git'

Then bundle siriproxy and it will get the fresh fixed version

Thanks
    im still getting the error

ok i fixed it...turns out that all i had to do was delete

name: 'Example'
    path: './plugins/siriproxy-example

but why cant i have both plugins in the config.yml at the same time ???
    Last edited by Gloxin; 12-06-2011 at 09:34 AM.