+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Possible bad 4s, will genius bar update phone to 5.0.1

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
ok so long story short exactly one month ago i bought a white 4s and i've been having problems off and on with it...i restored it once when 5.0 was
    iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Default Possible bad 4s, will genius bar update phone to 5.0.1
    ok so long story short exactly one month ago i bought a white 4s and i've been having problems off and on with it...i restored it once when 5.0 was still being signed, but i did not update it to 5.0.1 cause i wanted the jb when released...well anyways i've been having a lot of issues with it...like apps are constently crashing...sometimes i'll have the phone on the charger for 9+ hours overnight and the battery will not be charged at 100% in the morning...just a lot of dumb little things...i'm really not sure if it's phone or firmware related...anyways so i want to take it to apple to get it checked out, but i'm curious if they are going to just simply say to update the firmware as a fix and not really check it out more in depth...i really don't want to update it, but i'd really like to know if i have a bum phone or not...i'm mean obviously if i get a new phone it'll most likely be running 5.0.1 anyways so i'm wondering if i should just update it and see if i'm still having issues...any suggestions?

Thanks

It's up to you really... I've read lots of folks having these same issues...many go back to apple store and either get or demand a new phone...better to have one that works as advertised than keep one that doesn't..hoping an untethered comes out some day...that's my opinion..