Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Life on 5.01 with Gevey Sim Unlock?

Thanks

Default Life on 5.01 with Gevey Sim Unlock?
    I'm still on 4.3.5 with 4.10.01 baseband using the Gevey Sim Ultra unlock. I really want to upgrade to iOS5 with preserved baseband since it has support for SemiTether and other apps and functions. But I'm wondering if anyone here has been using their Unlock on 5.01 if the process is still the same to unlock the Gevey Sim. Like does it still re-search for your signal if you completely lose signal? I'm not sure if I should stay on 4.3.5 since people has been saying there is a battery issue on iOS5.
    Last edited by k3u; 11-30-2011 at 08:44 PM.

I would stay where you are. Gevey does not work on 5.0.1 even with a preserved baseband

I have been using Gevey (both Pro and Ultra) on iPhone 4 BB 4.10.01 and iOS 5.0.1 without any issue. The process of unlocking is a little tricky, but once it's done, I have no problem of losing cellular service (T-mobile US). And, it does automatic reconnecting when I'm in/out of service area.

I used recommendations from the net to turn off some un-necessary features to conserve battery. However, I have notice that the battery is drained faster than when I was on iOS 4. With normal usage, when I was on iOS 4 at the end of day the battery had about 50%, but on iOS 5 it's about 30% remaining.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hcgaloi For This Useful Post:

k3u (11-30-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hcgaloi View Post
    I have been using Gevey (both Pro and Ultra) on iPhone 4 BB 4.10.01 and iOS 5.0.1 without any issue. The process of unlocking is a little tricky, but once it's done, I have no problem of losing cellular service (T-mobile US). And, it does automatic reconnecting when I'm in/out of service area.

I used recommendations from the net to turn off some un-necessary features to conserve battery. However, I have notice that the battery is drained faster than when I was on iOS 4. With normal usage, when I was on iOS 4 at the end of day the battery had about 50%, but on iOS 5 it's about 30% remaining.
    Oh okay, thanks that answered all of my questions!