+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Sn0wbreeze and iBooks

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hi. I recently moved from iOS 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 on my ATT iPhone 3GS using Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3. I noticed that the images on most picture books are greyed out. I
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Sn0wbreeze and iBooks
    Hi. I recently moved from iOS 4.2.1 to 4.3.3 on my ATT iPhone 3GS using Sn0wbreeze 2.7.3. I noticed that the images on most picture books are greyed out. I tried to use the search function on this website, but got an error message. Is there a problem with iBooks and this version of Sn0wbreeze? I know there was previously an problem, but I thought that had been resolved. Is there a solution to this problem? Thanks.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I just realized that the pictures that are affected are from children's books that read to my son. Is it an iBooks issue or a jailbreak issue? Would someone be able to test this for me on their jailbroken phone. Currently, a similar book is free in iBooks titled "Axel the Truck".

Thanks

iBooks DRM has caused problems with JailBroken devices but it normally results in books not being able to be opened. I have not heard of a problem with pictures not being displayed and they work fine on my iPad JB with RedSn0w on 5.0 after applying the iBooks fix.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.