Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recovery/ Restore issues with iPhone 3G

Default Recovery/ Restore issues with iPhone 3G
    I have an iPhone 3G and I can not seem to get it restore or working. Here is what I have tried:

Unit turns on and goes to the recovery screen, thus I connect to itunes and try to restore it, it extracts and just sits there until it errors out, error 1604 or 1603

I have tried DFU mode, it restarts the phone and then sits at an apple logo with a spinning wheel at the bottom of the screen, then errors out

I have tried Pwned DFU with iReb with a custom firmware made with snowbreeze, it restarts and gets stuck on the snowbreeze logo and a spinning wheel at the bottom, and errors out with error 1600

Along with the Pwned DFU, I tried running Tinyumbrella in the background, as I do not know if this phone was ever jailbroken or not.

All in all it looks like it starts to go into restore, but it lookslike and sounds like it loses connection via USB. I tried multiple USB ports, secondary user accounts just for itunes, and still the same thing it just dies at the restart part with the logo and spinning wheel.

Any suggestions on a fix???????????

All of these smart people and no answer.....

bummer