+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Screen sometimes shrinks to a quarter-size when installing Cydia packages

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hello all, First post here, so please forgive me (or re-direct me) if this is in the wrong section or in bad form. I am currently running jailbroken iOS 5.0.1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Screen sometimes shrinks to a quarter-size when installing Cydia packages
    Hello all,
    First post here, so please forgive me (or re-direct me) if this is in the wrong section or in bad form.

I am currently running jailbroken iOS 5.0.1 on my iPhone 4 and sometimes after I respring/reboot from a Cydia installation, whenever I open an app, the screen will shrink to a quarter of its size and the rest will be black, and the screen will be unresponsive. If I close the app with the home button everything is normal again, it ONLY happens when I open an app. sometimes uninstalling (in Safe Mode) the package fixes it, but sometime it doesn't. I've restored and rejailbroken 3 times now and evetually it always has the same problem.

And in case the question comes up, I'm installing widely-used and tested packages. Most recently it happened when I installed Winterboard, so it seems the packages themselves aren't the issue.

Here is a screenshot:
    Screen sometimes shrinks to a quarter-size when installing Cydia packages-img_0451.png

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone MYPHONEI's Avatar
    Thanks

I think its a bug
    I just put it into safemode and restart right away and its back to normal

Oh my you do not have to
    restore
    remove the app

just safemode then restart and it should not happen again unless the app itself causes it, so far I have not found that to be the case

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MYPHONEI For This Useful Post:

neopuff34 (11-23-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Oh my gosh, I've been going crazy trying to figure this out for a week now! Thanks so much MYPHONEI! That is one weird, and oddly poorly documented glitch...

Green Apple
    Thanks

This happened to me as well. The culprit was Auto Location. Once I removed that and rebooted, all was well.