+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3GS white screen but not death

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have a 3GS with white screen issue. It will boot up, swipe to unlock and I can hear the unlock tone but it only display a solid white screen.
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Default iphone 3GS white screen but not death
    I have a 3GS with white screen issue. It will boot up, swipe to unlock and I can hear the unlock tone but it only display a solid white screen. It will sync with itunes. So far I swapped the LCD and even swapped the logic board into a working 3GS shell but still only see white screen. I updated to the latest software (5.0.1) still the same. It looked like the problem is within the logic board. No sign of water damaged, the #1 LCD connector on the logic board looks good.
    Any suggestions? Any ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If you're absolutely sure you've got the three connectors secured for the screen, and it still does this, it could be a deeper issue. Especially when a clean restore to stock fw doesn't fix it, it might be time to get a professional to repair it or get another phone.

If you can find Cowboy, he's really good with hardware troubleshoot. Try to shoot him a PM if he doesn't get to come in here and respond.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

make sure the cable for the lcd isnt being clipped when you put the screen back on

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyt View Post
    I have a 3GS with white screen issue. It will boot up, swipe to unlock and I can hear the unlock tone but it only display a solid white screen. It will sync with itunes. So far I swapped the LCD and even swapped the logic board into a working 3GS shell but still only see white screen. I updated to the latest software (5.0.1) still the same. It looked like the problem is within the logic board. No sign of water damaged, the #1 LCD connector on the logic board looks good.
    Any suggestions? Any ideas?
    This is exactly the same as my problem. I was tethered with 5.0 on 3GS, updated to 5.0.1, jailbroken with red snow b1 untethered, heard there was some error so installed Corona. 1stly I haven't seen any code during a jb since the untether, no pineapples, no boot logos, just a white screen. I have twice restored and rejailbroken with redsnow b3, nothing but a white lock screen which does unlock, does sometimes show up, and did give me a temperary respite by turning off using a combination of lock button, home button and volume up.
    I'm glad I've finally found somebody else who is having the same trouble. If you find a solution PLEASE email me at [email protected]

Just to clarify, once I get past lock screen my phone works fine but when I lock it again I have to get past the white screen before I can do anything
    Last edited by LifeBandit666; 01-08-2012 at 09:41 AM.