+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Using veency when on a public wifi network

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Sorry if this question was addressed somewhere else, the search wasn't working at the time I posted this. I am able to get veency and tightvnc to work at home
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Using veency when on a public wifi network
    Sorry if this question was addressed somewhere else, the search wasn't working at the time I posted this.

I am able to get veency and tightvnc to work at home on my home wifi network, but when I am at work using our public wifi network I am unable to get my iphone to connect and show up on my laptop with veency and tightvnc. Is it possible to get veency to connect my iphone 4 IOS 5 to my laptop running tightvnc while on a public wifi network?

Thanks in advance for the help.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

No... set up a ad-hoc instead. Then you should be able to Veency with your iPhone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks computer180, I was able to create the ad hoc with no problem but I am unable to connect to it. With it connected on my pc and "waiting for users", I try to connect to it from my iphone and it shows the check mark like it is connected but it still says "waiting for users" on my pc and there is no ip address to use for the veency connection. Any idea what I am doing wrong? When I connect to the ad hoc I am immediately disconnected from the public wifi hotspot, is that supposed to happen? Thanks for your patience, I have never used an ad hoc connection before.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ronm69 View Post
    Thanks computer180, I was able to create the ad hoc with no problem but I am unable to connect to it. With it connected on my pc and "waiting for users", I try to connect to it from my iphone and it shows the check mark like it is connected but it still says "waiting for users" on my pc and there is no ip address to use for the veency connection. Any idea what I am doing wrong? When I connect to the ad hoc I am immediately disconnected from the public wifi hotspot, is that supposed to happen? Thanks for your patience, I have never used an ad hoc connection before.
    Yes, by creating an ad-hoc, you relinquish the ability to connect to external access points. It does take a while for the iPhone to connect to the computer. Give it some time and it the network settings should render within 10 minutes. The first time i utilized ad-hoc, it took approximately 15 minutes for the computer and the iPod to sort out the network settings.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

is there another way besides ad-hoc? like port fowarding?