Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to restore iPhone4 without updating the version

Sorry guys but I couldn't use the Search Function because whenever I try to use it, the page would just come up blank. This only happens on modmyi and I have no clue why..

My iPhone4 got stuck in recovery mode from using limera1n. I need to restore it to use it again and iTunes would update the version of the iOS if I tried to restore the iPhone form there. What can I do to restore my iPhone without updating the iOS version?
    Last edited by pbjhan18; 10-31-2011 at 12:21 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If you have saved SHSH blobs then you need to put your iPhone into DFU mode and manually selected a firmware to restore by holding down the shift key and clicking on "Restore."

However, if you don't have the saved SHSH blobs then you have no choice but to restore + update.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jcbzr For This Useful Post:

pbjhan18 (10-31-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Jcbzr View Post
    If you have saved SHSH blobs then you need to put your iPhone into DFU mode and manually selected a firmware to restore by holding down the shift key and clicking on "Restore."

However, if you don't have the saved SHSH blobs then you have no choice but to restore + update.
    is there a way to save the SHSH blobs now?

Thanks

Have you jailbroken the device previously?....if so, you may have the blobs in Cydia server...let us know

Also let us know what iOS and baseband u were running...if u didn't jailbreak previously, then no, there is most likely no way to get them..let us know

6. The Following User Says Thank You to xboxbml For This Useful Post:

pbjhan18 (10-31-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by xboxbml View Post
    Have you jailbroken the device previously?....if so, you may have the blobs in Cydia server...let us know

Also let us know what iOS and baseband u were running...if u didn't jailbreak previously, then no, there is most likely no way to get them..let us know
    My iPhone got stuck in recovery mode while I was trying to jailbreak it. The version was 4.3.5 and baseband 4.10.01.

I'm browsing the web and I hear that there is a way to get out of the recovery mode? If I can just get out of the recovery mode, I wouldn't have to restore it.

Install tiny umbrella, plug in the iPhone, and click the "kick out of recovery" button (or something along those lines).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Amraam For This Useful Post:

pbjhan18 (10-31-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Amraam View Post
    Install tiny umbrella, plug in the iPhone, and click the "kick out of recovery" button (or something along those lines).
    I tried but didnt work..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Follow these steps in order:
    1. Put your iPhone into DFU mode.
    2. Open TinyUmbrella and run the TSS server.
    3. Open iTunes and shift + restore to firmware 4.3.5.

If it continues to fail, for step 2, in the advanced tab on TinyUmbrella, change it so that it retrieves the SHSH/signature from Apple and not Cydia. Continue onto step 3.
    If I helped you in any way, please click on the button!

Not entirely true. iFaith (for PC) will build you a custom firmware with signed SHSH using your current firmware. I used it last week on a 4.0.1 iPhone 4 that had no files saved and was stuck in recovery. I used iFaith to restore to factory 4.0.1. and it worked like a charm. Also did another 4 to 4.0.2 a few months back. Sucks having old firmware that you can't upgrade but the 1.59 baseband is money.

Follow these steps in order:
    1. Put your iPhone into DFU mode.
    2. Open TinyUmbrella and run the TSS server.
    3. Open iTunes and shift + restore to firmware 4.3.5.

If it continues to fail, for step 2, in the advanced tab on TinyUmbrella, change it so that it retrieves the SHSH/signature from Apple and not Cydia. Continue onto step 3.
    Tried a 4.3.5 restore yesterday and Apple isn't signing it. He'd still need SHSH saved to restore to 4.3.5. Otherwise its iFaith or 5.0 only.
    Last edited by jdm.accord; 11-02-2011 at 10:38 AM.