+ Reply
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Changing the numpad

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Any ideas on how to change this numpad on ios5? Thanks.
...
  1. #1
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Changing the numpad
    Changing the numpad-photo.png

    Any ideas on how to change this numpad on ios5?

    Thanks.
    Last edited by HelpMeMod; 10-31-2011 at 08:32 AM.

  2. #2
    My iPhone is a Part of Me jdewinnaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    943
    Thanks
    252
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 514 Posts


  3. The Following User Says Thank You to jdewinnaar For This Useful Post:

    yapay (01-26-2012)

  4. #3
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Oh.

    If you don't mind can you upload the default ones please?

  5. #4
    My iPhone is a Part of Me jdewinnaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    943
    Thanks
    252
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 514 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeMod View Post
    Oh.

    If you don't mind can you upload the default ones please?
    I'm at work now, the location I gave you was to theme them in winterboard.. The actual location of these files on your device is..

    System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.App

    If you're having trouble let me know and I'll upload them when I get home, ok..

  6. #5
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I checked out...

    System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.App

    and the png's in there are the default ones.


    The numpad is from an old theme I had before I restored my phone from 4.x to iOS5.

    As such the theme no longer exists on my phone so I have no idea where these images are located on my phone...

  7. #6
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Think I've found a solution..

    What I need to do is make a folder containing the default images and use winterboard to run them.

    Exactly which default ones would I need and where would I put the folder on my phone to access them in winterboard?

  8. #7
    My iPhone is a Part of Me jdewinnaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    943
    Thanks
    252
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 514 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeMod View Post
    Think I've found a solution..

    What I need to do is make a folder containing the default images and use winterboard to run them.

    Exactly which default ones would I need and where would I put the folder on my phone to access them in winterboard?
    What do you want the keypad to look like? If you use the default images it's gonna beat the whole idea of theming it...

    Let me know which images you want to use and I'll help you the best I can..

  9. #8
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I want the keypad to look like the default one.

    At the moment it is green in colour, even though I restored my iPhone from 4.x to iOS5; the keypad should have reset along with everything else.

    Thanks to you I know where the default image files are.......I just need to know which ones to copy and where to place them so they show up in winterboard ready to use?

  10. #9
    My iPhone is a Part of Me jdewinnaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    943
    Thanks
    252
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 514 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeMod View Post
    I want the keypad to look like the default one.

    At the moment it is green in colour, even though I restored my iPhone from 4.x to iOS5; the keypad should have reset along with everything else.

    Thanks to you I know where the default image files are.......I just need to know which ones to copy and where to place them so they show up in winterboard ready to use?
    Are you sure you dont have any themes enabled in winterboard? How can the keypad be green by default?

    Default Keypad.theme.zip

    Extract this zip and copy it to your phone..

    Place it in var/stash/themes then enable it in winterboard..
    Last edited by jdewinnaar; 11-01-2011 at 05:27 PM.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jdewinnaar For This Useful Post:

    HelpMeMod (11-02-2011), yapay (01-26-2012)

  12. #10
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    29
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    I did what you said but, it didn't work....'colorkeyboard' was overriding it.

    Found out it was because of 'colorkeyboard', it was changing both the keyboard and keypad (didn't realise it changed the keypad lol).

    Guess I'll just have to find an alternate theme, one which has a decent keyboard and keypad.

    Thanks for your time and help.

  13. #11
    My iPhone is a Part of Me jdewinnaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    943
    Thanks
    252
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 514 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by HelpMeMod View Post
    I did what you said but, it didn't work....'colorkeyboard' was overriding it.

    Found out it was because of 'colorkeyboard', it was changing both the keyboard and keypad (didn't realise it changed the keypad lol).

    Guess I'll just have to find an alternate theme, one which has a decent keyboard and keypad.

    Thanks for your time and help.
    Browse to library/colorkeyboard/themes/yourtheme and rename the "keypad" files to exclude them..

  14. #12
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thanks, it worked like a charm

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts