+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Signal Drops after ios 5.0 upgrade / jailbreak. Any solutions?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
After upgrading my 3GS to 5.0 (redsnow jaibreak, unlock and semiteather; BB 6.15 and on TMobile edge), I have noticed my signal drops (about 15 sec) then restores and continues
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Unhappy Signal Drops after ios 5.0 upgrade / jailbreak. Any solutions?
    After upgrading my 3GS to 5.0 (redsnow jaibreak, unlock and semiteather; BB 6.15 and on TMobile edge), I have noticed my signal drops (about 15 sec) then restores and continues to cycle this way with any app that requires a data connection.

Now if I turn off Location Services, the data connection is stable.

If I turn LS on, or only turn a few selected apps on, when I use that app with LS, the signal will drop off and I will get a "no network available" message, the signal bars drop, loose the carrier name; then restores.

Is anyone else having this problem or possibly uncovered a solution?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I would reset network settings and if that don't work u may need to reinstall ultrasnow and see if that helps or it might be a loose Cable inside or a bad lower USB port I believe the signal cables and wifi cables are there

Green Apple
    Thanks

i doubt its a hardware issue since all you did was upgrade to 5.0
    Google "APN Changer" from the iPhone using WiFi. follow the link and choose custom profile.
    enter you settings for US and T-Mo, then click create profile. install the app to make the APN changes
    this may or may not work, but its worth a shot

Green Apple
    Thanks

Tried APN Changer and while it is a nice app, it did not solve the signal drop. Again, when Location Services are "off", the signal remains rock solid. Usiing any app does not cause signal to diminish.

When I turn Location Services back on, and launch an app, about 10sec later signal drops, then recovers, then drops then recovers and the cycle continues.

I did not have a problem before ios 5.0. Wonder if it is ios 5 or maybe a cydia app conflict?

Any ideas?

Thanks

you can just downgarde to a lower firmware apple is still signing 4.1

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yup, I guess I can but like other aspects of ios 5. Maybe I'll re-install bb 6.15 and see if that helps

Thanks

I would not do that once the baseband is flashed u don't need to flash it again with the same basband it could cause it to mess up the device like after it's done no wifi, Bluetooth, imei, baseband on the device witch is a big problem right now after the iPad baseband flash and there is not fix for it that I have read and got to work

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks for that

Green Apple
    Thanks

So I downgraded back to ios 4.1 and everything is back to working normally. Location services works as it should and thereis no more issues with dropped signals when turning location services on.

I'm glad to have a stable iphone back, but I'd sure like to know what caused the issue