Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LOW Memory iphone 4 & iOs 5.....???????????

Default LOW Memory iphone 4 & iOs 5.....???????????
    does any one notice that iOS 5 i killing the iphone 4 in memory ? just updated and turned of alot of settings buitin and when bootup.... memory starts at 304mb free...and while using during 10 min using FB app..Whatsapp phone.. memory gets low as 210...what is killing or using so much memory ?

Also..does any one notice that 3G connection is not constantly on..looks like its on and of sometimes...

Better I stayed with 4.2.1..?????

I am not too sure about it, but sometimes apps not yet compatible with iOS5 can do this. They are running launchDaemons constantly in the background and can cause memory usage, but ofcourse its just a wild guess.
    iPhone 4
    Firmware : iOS4
    Carrier : Softbank (Japan)
    Jailbroken using Jailbreakme

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Bug. My iP4 memory was running between 70-210MB on my first attempt to update to iOS 5. I restored, rejb, and now it's back to normal @ 350MB. It's not an issue with iOS 5, it's just weird bc a lot of times when people update to it they get all these weird bugs but after a restore, it's good.

I didnt restore..just setup as new phone... and JB and memory begins as 280 or so...sometimes 300..... I think its App compatibility with iOS 5... lets think that..cuase I use whatsapp a lot...and as I remember its not yet tested on ios 5....

I had noticed this as well, it would always seem like I had 20mb of memory like all the time. I restored and jailboke again and I am at 319mb.

I think NotificationCenter eats tha 40mb... cause with my iphone 4 with 4.2.1 stock I remembered with a fresh startup and working for 5 minutes I have 350mb free...
    Damn..why cant apple just boost the Ram to 7xxmb ? just $20 extra on the iphone tag