+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: jailbroke iphone 3g not recoginezed with itunes says i must restore :(

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Hey guys i have an ipone 3g jailborke with redsn0w unlocked with ultrasnow 4.2.1 6.15bb every time i connect it to my windows 7 computer running the latest version of
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default jailbroke iphone 3g not recoginezed with itunes says i must restore :(
    Hey guys i have an ipone 3g jailborke with redsn0w unlocked with ultrasnow 4.2.1 6.15bb every time i connect it to my windows 7 computer running the latest version of itunes it gives me an error saying that itunes cannot recognize my iphone and that i need to restore it... Please any Help would be greatly appreciated

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If iTunes does not recognize it, then how is it telling you to restore it?

Sounds like iTunes is recignizing it, but is telling you, you have or need to restore it ie DFU or Recovery mode.

Currently what is showing on your screen? If nothing try holding down the power and Home button for 30 seconds, then try and power on. This works if you are in DFU and do not want to be. If it shows the USB and iTunes then it is in recovery mode, which means you can restore from a back or update to stock.

Since you are jailbroken, then you might try a shift+restore and select your ipsw file and restore from it. It may require you jailbreaking it again, but that would only take 2-3 minutes.