+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS - Stuck at Apple Screen/Apple Connector - Jailbroken/Unlocked

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have no idea what version i updated this to, possibly 4.2.1 about a year ago? sounds right but i have tried to restore and comes up with all these
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS - Stuck at Apple Screen/Apple Connector - Jailbroken/Unlocked
    I have no idea what version i updated this to, possibly 4.2.1 about a year ago? sounds right but i have tried to restore and comes up with all these errors. I made an appt with Apple to have them take a look at it. I removed my TMobile SIM Card and am going to say its my GF's so they dont suspect jailbroken/unlocked.

Any idea what i should do before giving to them? I want them to stock it so I can jailbreak it again.

All i did was Update my apps on this beast and bam! froze up and died.

Anything i should try while I am at work that you think i should try? thanks much in advanced.
    Last edited by kurabii; 09-19-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Unless it's a hardware problem, a fresh restore will fix it.

Since you're a T-Mo user (aka: unlocker), a replacement from Apple will not work with T-Mobile.
    The replacement will have an updated baseband and locked to the original carrier (AT&T in US).

Best bet it to run Tiny Umbrella and Save SHSH. For each version SHSH blob found, you can restore to that version. If none are found, 3GS iPhones are lucky because Apple is approving 4.1.

Unlockers like yourself must build and restore with a custom firmware to use a non-authorized SIM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I dont expect a replacement. I can jailbreak/unlock it after they throw stock firmware on it. Its my goal today to have them restore this beast for me. If they can do that then i can go about the motion of figuring it out. if its a failed HDD or Hardware then that gives me a definitive end result. it wont boot up and does not work when i restore with itunes with any firmware i attempt or even with any redsn0w upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Unless it's a hardware problem, a fresh restore will fix it.

Since you're a T-Mo user (aka: unlocker), a replacement from Apple will not work with T-Mobile.
    The replacement will have an updated baseband and locked to the original carrier (AT&T in US).

Best bet it to run Tiny Umbrella and Save SHSH. For each version SHSH blob found, you can restore to that version. If none are found, 3GS iPhones are lucky because Apple is approving 4.1.

Unlockers like yourself must build and restore with a custom firmware to use a non-authorized SIM.
    but essentially is there a tool i can use to help me recover my files? find which ios is installed, which baseband it is? etc. basically if i found these items out could i restore it manually?

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

When apple 'throws stock firmware' on your iPhone .... the baseband is updated and it can no longer be unlocked unless you install the iPad BB. The iPad BB breaks GPS. Location services will work but without GPS accuracy.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    When apple 'throws stock firmware' on your iPhone .... the baseband is updated and it can no longer be unlocked unless you install the iPad BB. The iPad BB breaks GPS. Location services will work but without GPS accuracy.
    Wow thats new! eh. Ill do it if i can have my iphone back. My buddy has two 3GS's at his house when he upgraded. I will look at buying those because i am thinking this one is hardware faulty.

Ill look at unlocking his phone.

thanks much btw