Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.
08-23-2011, 08:57 PM #14G restoring to 4.3.5 Error 1013 issue..Need your help plz
I need your help Restoring This iPhone 4G Stuck on Recovery Loop
Here's what I have done so far...
This is was already Suck on recopvery when my friend baought it
so I used iReb >
- Pwn DFU mode
- then I was trying to UPDATE 4.3.5 without holding shift+restore
- but at the end I end up with 1013 n the phone was back to Recovery\
tried iReb to Kik it out of recovery didnt work
Tried TU didnt work
Agin I used iReb>
- to put it in pwn DFU
- Deleted all the Gs.apple.com lines from HOST files
- tried restoring again
- this time I selectec 4.3.5 with holding shift same old thing 1013 again
- I used iReb
- Used TU run TSS server
- tried to restore again
- but guess what this 1013 is not letting me go
Can any one of you nice ppl out there help me solving this issue????
Thanks in advance
08-23-2011, 10:10 PM #2
This means that the baseband did not get updated. Either remove the gs.apple.com entry from your hosts file and let the baseband upgrade or if you want to preserve the baseband just jailbreak at this point to boot it up.
Restart computer; change computer; reinstall system, if iPhone is always in restoring mode: XP users can jump from restoring mode with ibus; MAC users can use iNdependence. (usually on the iPhone with 1.0.2 firmware downgraded from 1.1.1)
08-23-2011, 10:14 PM #3
Open TU, under advanced options uncheck box to point to Cydia on exit. Exit TU. Open iTunes, restore to 4.3.5 again.
08-23-2011, 11:23 PM #4
well i have deleted all the GS apple.com entry from host n tried as i mention above but still gettin 1013
anyway ima try to preserve the basebane n see if it works..willl let ya kno..thanks for your input once again
08-23-2011, 11:42 PM #5
If you want to preserve baseband using TU, to kick out error 1013, put iPhone into dfu mode and run fix recovery43 an exe standalone file.
Here , put the two files on your desktop fix rec43
Last edited by iYeow; 08-23-2011 at 11:45 PM.
08-23-2011, 11:49 PM #6
how do i use TU to preserve BB? explain plz
i was gona use snowbreeze. if i do use snowbreeze do i need fix rec 43? or will it work?
08-24-2011, 12:11 AM #7
If you start TSS server and check hosts file to cydia in TU and restore to stock 4.3.3 will preserve your bb.
Then use fix rec to kick error 1013
If you are restoring to 4.3.5 and update bb , then annie’s instruction will get you to restore.
Last edited by iYeow; 08-24-2011 at 12:26 AM.
09-06-2011, 01:26 PM #8
Here's a detailed explanation on what you need to do to get it fixed. I was experiencing the same thing that's happening on your phones.
Well, I hope I can help you guys with this solution.
1. Go to C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc
2. Look for the file named Hosts and open it with Notepad
3. Remove the 2 lines that says gs.apple. something (there are 2 of them)
4. Now, you need to download the firmware for 4.3.5 at Download iOS Firmware Files, Jailbreaking Tools (RedSn0w, PwnageTool, Sn0wBreeze, GreenPois0n, JailbreakMe) and More! | iJailbreak.com - Jailbreak | Apple | Android | Google | PlayStation | Cydia | Unlock | iOS
5. Once you finished downloading, Open your Itunes
6. There will be a prompt saying that your phone is in recovery mode or something. (Ignore this and click ok)
7. Your phone now will be in the process of restoration.
8. It would work fine by now, but... on some cases, it wont, and error 1013 would appear.
9. Don't panic, and just be patient.
10. Do not use exiting programs like, Umbrella and that program that you mentioned since, what it'll do is just get that gs.adobe thing back in the notepad that we have deleted awhile ago.
11. What you need to do is Uninstall your Itunes, and restart your computer, oh and before restarting please check the Hosts File again at C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc if it appears again. If it does, delete it.
12. Re-install Itunes on your computer.
13. Remember the firmware that we have downloaded awhile ago?, put it to a place where you can easily access it(like, on your desktop).
14. Once, you're done with the installation of Itunes, A prompt would appear again, ignore it and click ok. After that, go click the Iphone on the left pane.
15. Hold your Shift Key then click on Restore, A window will come out and will search what Firmware you want the iphone to be restored to.
16. Select the Firmware that we have downloaded which should probably be in your desktop by now.
17. Let it finish restoring, and guess what, it should be working by now :P
If it still doesnt work, lemme know we might be able to work something out.
12-29-2011, 07:18 PM #9Hi
Well..I knw am not alone with the irritating problem of 1013 popping again n again. I feel really tired afte 4 hrs of googling abt tis issue. Will try the above by tmrw. Thanks anyway for all the members.