Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: wifi- looking for a permanent fix...

Default wifi- looking for a permanent fix...
    my iphone 3g just started having the no network found problem, so today i dismantled it, and attempted to reflow the little wifi boxes. i'm not sure how good of a job i did, because that did nothing. then i put it in the freezer, which gave me wifi for about a few minutes, until it warmed up. so my question is, which part of the iphone does the freezer method effect, and can i replace it?

Quote Originally Posted by mrproko View Post
    my iphone 3g just started having the no network found problem, so today i dismantled it, and attempted to reflow the little wifi boxes. i'm not sure how good of a job i did, because that did nothing. then i put it in the freezer, which gave me wifi for about a few minutes, until it warmed up. so my question is, which part of the iphone does the freezer method effect, and can i replace it?
    cold environment + warm cell phone = condensation (aka water). Water + electronics = trouble.

freezing doesnt really fix anything
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Moisture can be removed after a few days by placing in a sealed plastic bag with about 2 cups of rice.

not the issue. i figured out that my wifi ribbon cable/board is wrecked. thanks anyway.