Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Standby time and usage time are the same.

Default Standby time and usage time are the same.
    Currently using an Iphone 4 on 4.3.3

I have my wifi turned off and all location services off as well. All the apps that were running in the background was also closed. Push has also been turned off. The phone seems to be losing 1% an hour when I'm not using it.

My phone lost about 8 or 9% overnight from a full charge and displayed the same time for standby and usage.

Anyone have some solutions that may not involve restoring it?

I had something similar happening to mine, but it turns out it was simply the persistent wi-fi, so I just used "Depersistwifi" on Cydia and it fixed my problem. That was on an iPod Touch, though.

The iPhone has an always-connected cell radio. I'm going to guess that it's one of two things:

1.) Push notifications or email updates. If your programs are pinging the internet searching for updates this can wear out the battery.

2.) You have spotty cell service. If your phone is getting an intermittent cell signal it could wear out the battery - if you have a solid connection your cell radio only pings the tower, but if you lose connection then your cell radio runs constantly in order to pick up a signal as quickly as possible, draining battery.

There are many guides online that deal with power management. A simple Google search will bring it up

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

^ +1
    Also would like to add one thing.. While trying 4.3.3 I noticed the same problem . Surprisingly I had nothing installed . Absolutely nothing not even songs . Restore to 4,2.1 solved my problem

Thanks for the reply

I installed DepersistWifi and it doesn't seem to be working. The time for usage and standby are still the same. Any other suggestions?

I'll probably leave the phone running until the battery is drained and charge it up again. Hopefully that'll work.