+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Is there anyway to stop all those annoying advertising sms from coming in to my iPhone?

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have been receiving a lot of those advertising sms in my iPhone recently. And my iPhone will respring by itself. Whenever there one coming in I will use iBlacklist
    Thanks

Question Is there anyway to stop all those annoying advertising sms from coming in to my iPhone?
    I have been receiving a lot of those advertising sms in my iPhone recently. And my iPhone will respring by itself. Whenever there one coming in I will use iBlacklist to block that number. But I was thinking is there anyway to stop all those annoying advertising sms from coming in to my iPhone? Thanks for any kindest advice. Appreciate very much

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Contact service provider .

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Reply with STOP That's what my service provider told me. After a month or two, they're gone.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

If it's always the same number, you can certainly install a blocker app so long as you're jailbroken. I personally use biteSMS and you can block anything you want I believe (though I have never had to)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sziklassy View Post
    If it's always the same number, you can certainly install a blocker app so long as you're jailbroken. I personally use biteSMS and you can block anything you want I believe (though I have never had to)
    True.

If it's the same number and STOP doesn't stop it. The cellular company should be notified. They will stop it.

Thanks

In fact I have iBlacklist install and using biteSMS but my iPhone always go into safe mode when there is a number which is not in the whitelist and phonebook. Is there anyway to prevent this? Actually I already contact my service provider but they say I must cleear all my outstanding bills before they can do anything. Really is WTF MAN

My iPhone is a Part of Me xtacy's Avatar
    Thanks

Then pay the bills. Duh