Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: PkgBackup data

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Default PkgBackup data
    Hello,
    I have a jailbroken iP4 4.2.8 and installed PkgBackup.
    After trying and trying to figure out how to get it to backup my data I deleted it and went with xBackup.

Anyway after deleting it I had a crash and restore | jailbroke my iP4 again.
    I now find that when I go to groups in contacts there is a folder called PkgBackup data which is empty.

An anyone please tell me how I can get that folder deleted?

I am a bit surprised that it was there since I restored my device via iTunes, and it was clean form any Cydia installs.

Thanks
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

I removed mine by syncing my contacts via iTunes to windows address book, then manually removing it from my contact list and re-syncing on iTunes. Did this on windows xp

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    after searching online for info how to remove the stupid group from my contact i got frustrated so I tried it myself. I removed mine from contact list using windows XP, I believe it will work with other windows computer as well, this is how i did it.

1. Connect Iphone to Itunes
    2.Hightlight your iphone on the left
    3. Go to info (TOP MIDDLE)
    4.check box " SYNC CONTACT WITH", select drop down box "windows address book"
    5. select apply at the bottom or sync, let it finish
    6.minimize iTunes
    7. Open windows address book (start > accessories > address book)
    8. REMOVE pakgbackup from the list
    9. go back to itunes and click sync

that should remove pakgbackup data from your contact list.
    Last edited by gkiv; 08-10-2011 at 06:25 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me n0m0n's Avatar
    Thanks

I am using gMail and tried the above but when I go into groups its still there.

Does it have to be windows addressbook?

Thanks
    --
    JW

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -- Aristotle

Support P.E.T.A. [PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS]

Too easy and free. Do not go for anywhere. Answer is; Go to app store, install Group Contact Lite, Open the app, find the group from app and delete!!!!! After that delete the app, :-)
    Can I help you with anything else?

Default It worked
    Quote Originally Posted by Phokaia View Post
    Too easy and free. Do not go for anywhere. Answer is; Go to app store, install Group Contact Lite, Open the app, find the group from app and delete!!!!! After that delete the app, :-)
    Can I help you with anything else?
    Thanks !!!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Ozzie5374's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by n0m0n View Post
    Hello,
    I have a jailbroken iP4 4.2.8 and installed PkgBackup.
    After trying and trying to figure out how to get it to backup my data I deleted it and went with xBackup.

Anyway after deleting it I had a crash and restore | jailbroke my iP4 again.
    I now find that when I go to groups in contacts there is a folder called PkgBackup data which is empty.

An anyone please tell me how I can get that folder deleted?

I am a bit surprised that it was there since I restored my device via iTunes, and it was clean form any Cydia installs.

Thanks
    I had same problem. On Mac just delete it from your address book then sync. It's gone!!