Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question about Beta OTA updates and Hacking

Garden Grove, California, United States

Default Question about Beta OTA updates and Hacking
    Soooo recently when I updated to iOS 5 beta 5, i was on iOS 5 beta 4... i followed the instructions on this site deleted all content and settings which I assume put me back on iOS 5 beta 3.

^ That maybe be wrong

If however that is right... then in the future... when lets say iOS 5 official release is jailbroken, when iOS 5.1 comes out... can i update... decided its not worth it... and just delete all content and settings to go back to 5.0 and rejailbreak? If thats correct... that sounds awesome...

I may be wrong... please tell me if i am
    When the police want to know where someone is, they ask apple.

I would say you are wrong on all items...when u erase all content and settings, that does not put u back on a previous iOS version. You would have to restore back to a previous version, if you can...

Quick question to gthug... Is everyone who's mentioning being on iOS 5 having a developer account or is there a way to get it that I'm unaware of? I think I found download links on one of these iPhone forums but always heard it'd check in with the servers to see if my phone is a developer registered phone or something.
    Becoming your own PC technician, one byte at a time. -