+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: remove hidden uselessfiles

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
threw the time getting to know how to do all of the cool stuff i can with my phone i know for a fact i have put files in places
    Default remove hidden uselessfiles
    threw the time getting to know how to do all of the cool stuff i can with my phone i know for a fact i have put files in places that they were not supposed to go. although this doesnt seem to affect my phone...(i dont think) id like to know if there is a program,scan something that can go threw and show files that are not ever used or just plain useless..
    i know i coupld get it all back to normal restore and re jailbreak ect but i dunno if its worth it??? just thought id ask

Mes
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The iPhone is pretty good at cleaning up after itself but if you really want to look around, check out 'find' (Google man find)

find has literally hundreds of options, such as: name, type, size, modified or accesse time, user, permissions, etc and takes full advantage of wildcards.

Be careful with it. It's very powerful and will kill your iPhone if used wrong.

For me in your situation, I would restore. It's must faster and safer

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    The iPhone is pretty good at cleaning up after itself but if you really want to look around, check out 'find' (Google man find)

find has literally hundreds of options, such as: name, type, size, modified or accesse time, user, permissions, etc and takes full advantage of wildcards.

Be careful with it. It's very powerful and will kill your iPhone if used wrong.

For me in your situation, I would restore. It's must faster and safer
    +1. man find is extremely powerful in cases where if you have never messed with unix coding before then it can be a bit tricky and somewhat hazardous to the device.

I have to agree with Mes as well with restoring the phone back to factory settings and starting over. Its your safest bet especially if you don't remember what all has been added or modified.