+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Batt drain after 4.3.3 update :-(

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
Yes I know this is another batt drain thread but this one has only started since updating to 4.3.3. I did post another titled "batt drain new phone" referring to
    Thanks

Default Batt drain after 4.3.3 update :-(
    Yes I know this is another batt drain thread but this one has only started since updating to 4.3.3. I did post another titled "batt drain new phone" referring to my wifes phone but now I have the same problem here's what I did.
    Updated with cust FW error 1013, connect to iTunes. No prob use tinyumbrella to kick out of recovery... Wouldn't work. Tried fix recovery wouldn't work (latest version too).
    Ok more than one way to skin a cat. Put phone into DFU ran redsn0w rc17 jailbreak done. Connect to iTunes activated no problem cos I'm on official carrier.
    Set up as new phone re-synced all my apps and contacts and stuff, happy days. Put a few Cydia tweaks back on sbsettings some icons and a couple of ringtones nothing overboard.
    Was fully charged before I went to sleep last thing I did was unplug it set my alarm and started counting zzzz's. Woke up 6hrs later to find 10% drain!

In the other thread regarding my wifes Annie suggested restoring and re JB'n which I've done only to see no diff.
    I didn't have this problem on 4.2 and I've got exactly the same configuration (apps and tweaks) that I had on 4.2 it's only started since 4.3.3.

Both mine and my wifes have been through many full cycle charges.....

I've lost 5% charge typing this!!!!

Any ideas guys what it could be I can only think of the way I jailbroke i can't try the jailbreakme.com option cos I couldn't get out of recovery but surely that shouldn't matter right??

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

4.3.3. is supposed to have some battery improvements but I believe it was aimed more towards an I4 (dont quote me on that though)

With 4.3 they have added some new features which can either be useful to some or meaningless to others not to mention some bug fixes and improvements all around. However if you notice it is a more bigger and powerful firmware then 4.2.1 so it will take up more space and more than likely use up more battery to run it.

I orginally had 4.2.1 on an iphone 4 of mine then updated to 4.3.1 and then 4.3.3 and I honestly have not seen any major differences other than more battery usage and more capacity being taken away.

Thanks

The reason I went for the update is I wanted the personal Hotspot feature it's really handy!! Took a major kick on batt life though...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yeah sometimes you just have to take the good with the bad I guess.

I cant simply say that 4.3.3 is what is causing the battery drain but it is playing a part in it.

Thanks

Solved it. Restored and JB a different way and it's cured. Woke up this morning with only a 2% drain as opposed to the previous 10% :dance: