+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3G Stuck at Apple Logo

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
A friend of mine has a 3G which is stuck at the Apple logo, which he has asked me to take a look at. It's jailbroken, although he wasn't able
    Green Apple
    Thanks
    Default 3G Stuck at Apple Logo
    A friend of mine has a 3G which is stuck at the Apple logo, which he has asked me to take a look at. It's jailbroken, although he wasn't able to tell me which firmware it's on. When I turn the phone on, it goes to the boot logo like normal. After a minute or so, I get the spinning circle under the Apple logo and it freezes. After 5 minutes or so, it reboots and repeats the process. I'm not really sure what I can do to fix this, so I thought I'd turn to those who know! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

It's in a boot loop. It needs a restore. What firmware does he want it to be restored to and does it have the iPad baseband installed for unlocking?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    I don't know what firmware it is(he gave it to me in this current state) and I don't believe it's on iPad firmware. Computer doesn't recognize it and I've been unsuccessful in trying to put it into DFU mode.

Thanks

I meant what firmware does he want the phone to be on. It just requires a restore. Set it into recovery mode and iTunes will recognize it. Take the firmware version you want to restore to (3.1.3 or 4.2.1 are the best options really, 3.1.3 most optimized, and 4.2.1 most updated) then just shift+restore.

Recovery mode: while phone is *ON* hold home and power, when screen goes black and apple logo shows release power button and keep holding home. Hold home until iTunes+USB screen shows up. Then restore.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

Kareen (07-06-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Ahhhhh. LOL! I'll have to give this a shot when I get back to my house! Thanks for the response and I'll update you as to my progress. :-)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    BOOMSHAKALAKA!!! This is what I ended up having to do: I was able to get it into DFU mode, finally, and after a few failed attempts to add CFW I just did an Apple Restore, which updated the phone to 4.2.1. I was hoping to stay below 4.0, but I really didn't want to fight it anymore. I'll be removing launch daemons and adding Speed Intensifier to make it run faster, though, so no big deal. After upgrading to 4.2.1 OFW, I used Redsn0w to jailbreak and I'm off and running! I haven't upgraded the baseband from where it's at(05.15.04) yet. I recently had some problems with a few other 3GS's and had to upgrade to 06.15.00, which solved the problem of no service I was having. I have an iPhone 4, so i won't be able to check and see if I'll have to upgrade the baseband until a friend of mine comes over with his 3GS, so I can use his sim card. Thanks for your help and I'll update later as to whether or not I had to upgrade the baseband. :-)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default i have the same problem
    Dear,
    I have got the same problem as mentioned above, but when i push the home and power button the iphone doesnt react at all.
    I dont know what to do.
    Can you please help me?

Thanks

Let the battery drain completely. Then plug it in to charge, when you see the apple logo turn on do the above process I described in my prior post.