+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 with 4.0 OS help/opinion

is a discussion within the

General iPhone Chat

forums, a part of the

iPhone Modding

section;
I have an iPhone 4 with the 4.0 OS, which is jailbroken. The other day a friend of a friend offered to replace my iphone (with a used iPhone 4)
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 4 with 4.0 OS help/opinion
    I have an iPhone 4 with the 4.0 OS, which is jailbroken. The other day a friend of a friend offered to replace my iphone (with a used iPhone 4) and throw in $200 or get me a new one and add just $100 on top of it just because of the operating system, I just want to know what's so great about iOS 4.0 and could I make more if I sold it to someone else, apparently this friend of a friend buys these regularly. Thanks for your answers in advance. - BigCat44

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I think the importance might be on the baseband that comes with 4.0. 4.0.2 down to 4.0 have unlockable basebands. Generally speaking, you could unlock the phone and sell for $500+ (depends on area but no less than $500 I would say) because it's so hard to find an unlockable iPhone 4 nowadays.

So so the math, if you bought another iPhone 4 used it would probably cost you $475 or less, you'd end up making a smaller profit than what your friend of a friend is offering. HOWEVER if the phone you are trading for is in poor condition then I don't know thats up to you. You're making what? $300 for a trade? Sounds good to me.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the answer Annie, I'm probably going to sell it to him since I really don't have a need for the 4.0 and someone else could get some use out of, unless anyone else has a reason why I shouldn't. Now if only I could just transfer everything, JB downloaded apps and sources, over to my pc without any problems that would be great, but of course that won't happen!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You can create a backup in iTunes as well as use pkgbackup for your jailbreak data, you can just restore from back up (this is not counted as actual firmware restoring) on the iPhone you get and you'll have everything back.