Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cydia Error code - what's wrong/how to fix?

Default Cydia Error code - what's wrong/how to fix?
    Hi!

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum, please feel free to redirect this post to the right location. I'm a real newbie in the forum world... Also sorry for the poor english. I'm swedish and technical english is not my strongest side.

Anyway, I have a jailbroken Iphone 3Gs running on 4.2.1 and I have a problem, or well, a thing that bugs me. Every time I download something in Cydia I get the response:

Preparing dbs-tech CommonTrying to overwrite /usr/lib/ibdbacommon.dylib which is also in the package com.dba-tech.common
    Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned and error code (1)

What does this mean? How can I remove this? How does it effect my downloaded apps? So far all the apps have still been downloaded and I haven't experienced any direct problems except for Mobiledashboard, which immediately shuts down when I try to open it...

I've tried to do some research and from what I can tell the error code has something to do with Dreamboard? If this is true it is very strange as I've never had dreamboard installed... But as I said, this is really not my area.

Can anyone please help me with my questions?

Sorry asked a question that you already answered. do you have a lot of mods/tweaks installed through Cydia?

Do you have Lockinfo installed?
    Last edited by jasvncnt10; 06-29-2011 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jasvncnt10 View Post
    Sorry asked a question that you already answered. do you have a lot of mods/tweaks installed through Cydia?

Do you have Lockinfo installed?

Yes, I do have Lockinfo istalled. A few tweaks as well, but not very many. Is lockinfo causing this problem?

Well...i did find some links with info. I have not had that problem...but here is the link

Just realized when i post the link this website blocks it. I will PM you the site link.

Also...did the beginning of the error say Preparing dbs-tech or Preparing dba-tech?

Read that. Cant say thats your issue but.....I have Lockinfo installed and i just checked Cydia and have that dba-tech common package installed.

I just PM'd you. Let me know if link works
    Last edited by jasvncnt10; 06-29-2011 at 01:38 PM.

Hooray, it worked! Thank you so much for finding the link and all the time and help!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to koffe80 For This Useful Post:

jasvncnt10 (06-29-2011)

It did! Great, im glad it worked for you.

Hi! i experience tat also... how do i rectify this problem? can help me?

Use the instructions in this link. Worked like a charm for me. And My batterylife is vetter than ever!

Good luck!

http://www.*****************/showthread.php?t=78502

http://www.sinful iphone.com/showthread.php?t=78502

Use this and remove the space between singularis and iphone.

Damn that auto correct

Default Page down
    Hi Guys

Unfortunately ***************** is down.

IŽd really like to get this insturctions since I have this error as well. And especially cos the battery life of koffe80 was increased.

THX for your help....

Sam