Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Sim Card Tray only ejects half way?

Default iPhone 3G Sim Card Tray only ejects half way?
    Hey guys, I bought an iPhone for my mom off of eBay and I unlocked it. I went to put in my sim card using the sim eject tool. When it pops up, I try pulling it out but it only makes it half way until it;s blocked by something. Any recommendations on what to do here? Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 15,564 Times in 7,113 Posts

Open it up and see what it is catching on. Do not force it as it may be stuck on one of the gold sim connectors which you do not want to break.

hey,thanks for the reply. Quick question before I open it, do you think Apple would check it for me really quick even though it's not under warranty?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

+1. never hurts to try. Be careful when opening the phone if you end up having to, watch plenty of YouTube videos repetitively until you have it memorized, if you don't already do

iFixit has a good walkthrough for disassembling a 3G, I have used it to replace my Dock connector & my wife's battery.
    Just be careful not to damage the cable that is connected via a latch on the top right of the board.
    IIRC, once you have separated the screen, you should be able to remove the SIM out of the tray.