Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3gs stuck on Apple logo with Spinning wheel

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I'm not sure. There are other brands of turboSIMs out there but I have always used Gevey back when I used to use T-Mo.

But I think they stopped focusing on iPhone 3G/3GS as well...

Well my iPhone definitely doesn't have an iPad bb, secondly it was a fresh ofw from apple that i downloaded for my 3gs (4.3.3) and I've tried setting it up as a new phone rather than restore form backup. The iphone respring loop is not what I have, the iphone never sees the home screen at all. My battery is drained and i'm afraid if I plug it back up and it starts I won't be able to get into dfu mode.

Quote Originally Posted by hoodrabbit View Post
    Well my iPhone definitely doesn't have an iPad bb, secondly it was a fresh ofw from apple that i downloaded for my 3gs (4.3.3) and I've tried setting it up as a new phone rather than restore form backup. The iphone respring loop is not what I have, the iphone never sees the home screen at all. My battery is drained and i'm afraid if I plug it back up and it starts I won't be able to get into dfu mode.
    you only need to see the lockscreen, or in rare occasions not even the lockscreen, to be in a respring loop, but your problem doesn't sound like it.

Try to do a stock restore from DFU mode WITH A NEW phone name and see if it works. Once i restored and setupd as new with the same name for the Phone, and itunes &$&@ used the backup...

Well the problem is I cant get into DFU mode

With iTunes open connect your iPhone with USB cable to the computer. Hold both Home and Power buttons until you get iTunes to recognise the iPhone and then Restore the Firmware. You may have to hold both buttons down for over a minute, to get recognised, just keep holding.

my iTunes already recognizes my iPhone, i've restored it to ofw a handful of times now and nothing seems to want to boot it out.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Have you tried downloading another copy of the firmware elsewhere and tried restoring to it?

Yes, and the same problem occurs.

im having the same problem with a 3gs stuck on the apple logo with a spinning wheel. itunse picks it up and ifunbox also i can get into the raw file system view apps etc but wont budge off the screen

background
    it was on 4.0 unlocked with ultrasn0w all of a suddan it would not turn on i have since updated to 4.3.3 custom firmware same on both firmwares (apple logo spinning wheel) i have ran out of ideas i dont really want to try a OFW because then ill have to update the BB to the iPad BB and dont wanna risk losing GPS

the only thing i can think of is actual hardware damage as the phone has had the screen replaced (not very well i might add) but its just weird how itunes acts as if its on and working fine but nothing on the screen

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDozza View Post
    im having the same problem with a 3gs stuck on the apple logo with a spinning wheel. itunse picks it up and ifunbox also i can get into the raw file system view apps etc but wont budge off the screen

background
    it was on 4.0 unlocked with ultrasn0w all of a suddan it would not turn on i have since updated to 4.3.3 custom firmware same on both firmwares (apple logo spinning wheel) i have ran out of ideas i dont really want to try a OFW because then ill have to update the BB to the iPad BB and dont wanna risk losing GPS

the only thing i can think of is actual hardware damage as the phone has had the screen replaced (not very well i might add) but its just weird how itunes acts as if its on and working fine but nothing on the screen
    Can you get into DFU mode?

Ye I can get in To dfu mode no problem I have to keep it in dfu mode to stop it getting too hot. If I leave it on the apple logo it just keeps trying to turn on and gets really warm and it won't just turn off

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDozza View Post
    Ye I can get in To dfu mode no problem I have to keep it in dfu mode to stop it getting too hot. If I leave it on the apple logo it just keeps trying to turn on and gets really warm and it won't just turn off
    How did you get it into DFU mode? My apple logo just keeps spinning, and I've done DFU mode hundreds of times before but It just wont click over. Mind you I can't even get it to go into recovery mode unless I use a program.

Just the way you always would. I can get dfu and recovery mode no problem it just won't start
    Last edited by DirtyDozza; 06-28-2011 at 02:36 AM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i had this exact same issue with 3gs new boot.
    not getting past apple logo, then spinning circle below it.
    itunes could see phone and restore (to 4.3.3 stock) but would never get past apple / spinny circle.

this was after i changed battery / lcd / digitizer so i was sure i had wrecked something.
    on having a close look at the first 3 cables, i noticed that a very thin rubber strip had landed accross the connector of cable 1. must have sliced off as i was removing / replacing the screen. anyway i got it off and it's all good now
    it must have been lying accross 1 or 2 pins and causing this wierd fault.

hope this helps

15. The Following User Says Thank You to mar01006765 For This Useful Post:

xistayezyx (08-13-2013)

I forgot to post it but same problem here, hardware. I took it back apart and whoever replaced the screen had snapped the clip for ribbon 3 and it was not lined up properly I got it lines up and turned on but it did not last very long and soon went back into the boot loop but was defiantly hardware at fault

Thumbs up Pinner issue fixed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mar01006765 View Post
    itunes could see phone and restore (to 4.3.3 stock) but would never get past apple / spinny circle.

this was after i changed battery / lcd / digitizer so i was sure i had wrecked something.
    on having a close look at the first 3 cables, i noticed that a very thin rubber strip had landed accross the connector of cable 1. must have sliced off as i was removing / replacing the screen. anyway i got it off and it's all good now

hope this helps
    I signed up to thank you!! I spent the entire weekend trying to figure this out. I did everything --- upgraded to 4.3.5, downgraded back to 4.3.3, then to 4.1 and 4.2.1. I tried different settings for each iOS version -- with jailbreak, stock OS, with baseband upgrade, without it -- did it multiple times -- using redsn0w, sn0wbreeze -- with different versions of each tool etc. I must have restored my iPhone over 50 times. Nothing worked -- spinner of death. Even tried disabling mobile.watchdog etc. No relief. To make matters worse, I had recently updated to baseband 6.15 -- so, I thought it CANNOT be any other issue -- it has to be due to the baseband conflict. That idea had clouded my mind -- so, I was driven to solve the problem along that line ONLY. Then, I stumbled upon this post. I had replaced my LCD on Friday. I thought all 3 cables only drive the display -- so they should not cause this problem. After I read this post, I reopened my iPhone, removed all 3 cables, cleaned the contacts and reassembled, rebooted. To my great, great relief, that did the trick.
    For others who are facing this spinner issue and have tried everything -- even if you did not recently update your lcd or digitizer or battery, I recommend doing this. Maybe you dropped your phone, shook it too hard and the contacts of the 3 LCD/digitizer cable came loose -- try it out, if all else fails!

Thank you again. I was desperate. This post saved me.
    Last edited by toobrown; 07-31-2011 at 07:47 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to toobrown For This Useful Post:

mar01006765 (08-01-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by toobrown View Post
    I signed up to thank you!! I spent the entire weekend trying to figure this out. I did everything --- upgraded to 4.3.5, downgraded back to 4.3.3, then to 4.1 and 4.2.1. I tried different settings for each iOS version -- with jailbreak, stock OS, with baseband upgrade, without it -- did it multiple times -- using redsn0w, sn0wbreeze -- with different versions of each tool etc. I must have restored my iPhone over 50 times. Nothing worked -- spinner of death. Even tried disabling mobile.watchdog etc. No relief. To make matters worse, I had recently updated to baseband 6.15 -- so, I thought it CANNOT be any other issue -- it has to be due to the baseband conflict. That idea had clouded my mind -- so, I was driven to solve the problem along that line ONLY. Then, I stumbled upon this post. I had replaced my LCD on Friday. I thought all 3 cables only drive the display -- so they should not cause this problem. After I read this post, I reopened my iPhone, removed all 3 cables, cleaned the contacts and reassembled, rebooted. To my great, great relief, that did the trick.
    For others who are facing this spinner issue and have tried everything -- even if you did not recently update your lcd or digitizer or battery, I recommend doing this. Maybe you dropped your phone, shook it too hard and the contacts of the 3 LCD/digitizer cable came loose -- try it out, if all else fails!

Thank you again. I was desperate. This post saved me.
    Sweet! Glad to have helped

Quote Originally Posted by mar01006765 View Post

hope this helps
    You sir are amazing, I just bought a second hand 3GS and I've been trying to restore for days and getting that stuck apple logo and spinner and I've been very frustrated. So I tried the method you did and it worked perfect! Thank you so so so so so much!
    The only downside is that the battery dies very quickly, so I will have to get it replaced. But on the bright side, the phone works!
    I would have never thought of that if I hadn't read your comment. You sir are a genius.
    Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12