Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4, 4.3.2 Won't connect to computer?

Default iPhone 4, 4.3.2 Won't connect to computer?
    Yo
    I've had no problems with my i4, running 4.3.2, it is Jailbroken redsn0w. However recently I haven't been able to connect it to my computer, i've used 3 different USB cables, and have tried different USB ports and restarting the computer... Anybody have any ideas that might work?

what error are u getting when u connect? i had same issue and needed to update the usb controlers in device manager because i had a htc desire rooting app that changed the usbhost controlers u may need to reinstall them using the orignal windows cd repair function tool

Quote Originally Posted by DrSt01NeR View Post
    what error are u getting when u connect? i had same issue and needed to update the usb controlers in device manager because i had a htc desire rooting app that changed the usbhost controlers u may need to reinstall them using the orignal windows cd repair function tool
    I'm nOt getting any errors it won't even realize that it's connected, no pop ups or anything :/

Have you tried reinstalling iTunes?

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    Have you tried reinstalling iTunes?
    I haven't tried reinstalling completely. I upgraded to the newest version. I'll try uninstalling then reinstalling it now

I just removed all Apple programs from my computer, and then reinstalled iTunes.
    Plugged in my iPhone and nothing happened...
    Last edited by tinymech; 06-09-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Do you have another computer to try it on?

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    Do you have another computer to try it on?
    I've tried it on 3 different computers

Ok I would try this. Connect the phone into the computer. Then hold the power and home button for 10 seconds. After the 10 seconds continue to hold onto the home button but not the power. If the computer detects it, I am afraid you will need to restore. You are not unlocked correct?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

tinymech (06-09-2011)

So, just see if I can't have the phone be detected in DFU mode is that what you're asking?
    And no, my phone isn't unlocked. Just jailbroken.

I'll try the DFU mode trick you said now

alright and yes i want to see if the phone will be detected in dfu mode

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

tinymech (06-09-2011)

I just went into recovery mode and it detected it!
    Huzzah thats progress ;_;

Yup! Was there any tweak that you had installed prior to the issue?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Stray For This Useful Post:

tinymech (06-09-2011)

The most recent tweak I believe I installed was ToneFXS

I used recboot to kick out so that I can make a list of everything I need to put back on the phone, what a surprise when I Exited Recovery the computer stopped recognizing...
    I'm gonna try uninstalling ToneFXS now

Yeah try uninstalling it. It could be conflicting with the drivers or something

It didn't do anything, the phone still isn't showing up after re-spring. I guess I'll just make a list of everything that I'm gonna need to get back on here, and SSH off all my GBA roms.

Thanks for the help man

Ok. Best of luck! No problem.

Taking... so long... to SSH everything

So, I tried to restore, and it gave me error 1013. So I took off the cydia hosts. Since then its been giving me Error 3194. I'm a sad panda

Put the cydia hosts back on. Then click fix recovery. Try restoring again.

I know this is old, but it is one of the first results on google when I searched for this problem, and I wanted to share the way I fixed it.

If you are jailbroken, go into SBSettings options ('more' in the dropdown menu), then scroll down to system options and turn 'Apple Killswitch' OFF.