Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: V-Moda Headphone rip off BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Default V-Moda Headphone rip off BUYER BEWARE!!!!
    I read about the V-Moda duo headphones and went out and broughta pair. I gladly paid the $100 to get some ear buds that fit my ears and had good sound quality.

BUT....

When I get them they don't have any functionality of the cheapo Apple ear buds that came with my iPhone.

I wrote to V-Moda and got this reply...

"The first generation VIBE DUOs do not have the control button. The benefit with this is that it keeps them lightweight for an active lifestyle and universally compatible with all cell phones with the use of an adaptor.

The next generation of the DUO, set to come out next month, will come equipped with the answer/play/pause/skip control! "

I will wait till my Shure headphone adapter becomes out, pay another $49 and sell these useless things to someone cheap..any takers?

How could anyone mismarket such a product and it seems very intentional!

Livin the iPhone Life Napoleon_PhoneApart's Avatar
    Thanks

Did the specifications say that the headphones had the control button, or did you assume that they did? If the specifications didn't say so, then how is that a rip-off?

I can't speak for kemck, but I certainly assumed they'd have the mute/pause button. I think it's a reasonable assumption since they're advertised as designed for the iPhone. Without the iPhone pause, they're more generic music playing earphones.

Phredd